how do i make my game run faster?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by aZnGaMeRbOy, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aZnGaMeRbOy

aZnGaMeRbOy New Member

i can't seem to make my game run faster i keeps running slow and i don't know who to do this stuff so can anyone help me get my frame skip to go faster so the game won't keep lagging thanks

THANKS!!!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Kellicros

Kellicros Administrator Contributors

Post up your computer specs please!!! Make sure your system reaches the requirements.
    You can try the "Fast" button in pete's plugin, make sure you have the FPS Limitting set up properly, 50fps for Pal games and 60fps for ntsc games. Running your games off ISOs will give you a great performance increase as well.
  4. cooliscool

cooliscool Honda - Powered by Senna

I have a huntch this is another integrated gfx+K6 situation. Ick, they don't go too well together. K6 am way too leet for integated gfx. :D
  5. liquid

liquid Ebichu!

cooliscool, I think you'er that last person I know who sticks up for that under-powered K6-2 :p ...and then again, you're the only person I know who's able to get any decent speed out of it :eyes: so cool, wut's the name of the magic you're pulling out of your hat to make it run soo good :D
    If I had only a k6-2 and a shiet graphics card to work with, I would probably use Kazzuya's GPU, as It's pretty much the fastest GPU still in development ;)
  6. Basil

Basil New Member

Mine needs to go slower

Can someone tell me how to make mine go slower? When im playing DBGTFB and theyre talking there lips stop moving like 3 seconds before theyre done talking. And when im fighting the game goes REALLY fast too. Thanks
    :spy: :spy: :spy: :spy: :spy: :spy::eek:
  7. zerocopy

zerocopy New Member

use fps limit o.k kiddo and set it at 60 fps
  8. cooliscool

cooliscool Honda - Powered by Senna

A fast FSB and fast enough graphics card? I keep my system clean aswell. :eek:
  9. Quatro

Quatro Just visiting ^_^

> use fps limit o.k kiddo and set it at 60 fps

you can even set it much lower if you want like 40-50 fps if you want slow motion...
  10. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady <font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font Contributors

and a coolness effect could be to use the motion blur effect on NextGL plugins ^^
  11. The Captain

The Captain Crono! Wake up!

>i can't seem to make my game run faster i keeps running slow and i don't know who to do this stuff so can anyone help me get my frame skip to go faster so the game won't keep lagging thanks

One trick you can pull off is using "-p 20" as a commandline option. I think it adds penalty cycles to memory access, but I have no idea what that means. It seems to speed up emulation, but if you change "20" to a high enough value then compatibility may break.
  12. SimplyX

SimplyX New Member

I know how you feel. My Duron 1100 with radeon 8500 LE 128mb ddr(on the video card) plays epsxe horribly unless I use the software plugin. That defeats the whole purpose of using psxe (I want enhanced graphics).
  13. Cyberman

Cyberman I code therefore I am.

SimpleX :- trying using Pete's Direct X 6 plugin and see what the results are. Surely your ATI card at LEAST supports those functions ;)

aZnGaMeRbOy :- Ummm might help telling us what your configuration is your computer specs etc. :)

FYI ... LOD runs full speed at 800x600x32 on a 300mhz P2mmx on a 3dfx V3 2000
    Most games run full speed (lewpies) so computer spec isn't the whole issue.

Cyb
  14. SimplyX

SimplyX New Member

Cyberman, I get extremely choppy play whenever there are lighting or transparency effects in a game. Like in xenogears, when I use a spell, major slowdown. Or in wild arms 2 when I switch the party in battle or call a summon, major slowdown. That's WITH pete's d3d plugin. I made a thread about it earlier and all suggestions didn't help.
  15. Cyberman

Cyberman I code therefore I am.

The ATI board is terrible at any frame buffer effects. That's what Pete concluded is the problem with many of the ATI cards and his plugins. The card will perform the operations but framebuffer access is slow at best. This is why you have a HUGE penalty when any frame level manipulations of the screen ocurs. 3dFX and NVidia cards simply don't have these problems. I believe newer ATI cards are better though.

Cyb
  16. REi_FoX

REi_FoX ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡ Fantasy ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡

defrag your hard drive exit all programs on the system tray...
  17. Zha Fa Ra

Zha Fa Ra New Member

make faster

use cheat engine and set it to whatever fast rate u want
  18. Kaizen

Kaizen Qu'ils mangent de la brioche Award Winner!

New forum record?

10 years :)
  19. Zha Fa Ra

Zha Fa Ra New Member

If anyone browse, they will see it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.