How do I reduce mouse sensitivity in Harakiri PSXeven plugin?

Discussion in 'PSXeven Discussion' started by Devil Master, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Devil Master

Devil Master Member

I started playing Sentinel Returns with PSXeven. The game uses a pointer to move around, and in the original console you control this pointer with the D-pad of your joypad. In order to make things more comfortable, I selected the Harakiri pad plugin and configured it to make the D-pad directions correspond to mouse movements. It would work fine, but the mouse is way, WAY too sensitive to the movements: if I move the mouse a quarter of an inch, the pointer will move about a quarter of the SCREEN! This decreases precision so much that it's almost impossible to point what I want, and the game becomes downright unplayable. I also tried to change the dead zone and saturation values, with no result because they only apply to the joypad (which I am not using).
    This problem is confined to PSXeven, because the mouse sensitivity is fine in every other application I use. Can it be solved? How?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Uzzi

Uzzi New Member

Harakiri's broken mouse feature

I am playing Xcom, which automatically switches to point and click mode with this plugin in mouse mode and I'm having the same problem.

I first tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity in windows control panel, but that had no affect. I then tried finding an external program, that could possibly emulate a mouse or something (anything), so I could trick the plugin into using it instead, but there is nothing available.

It seems, with most games, mice are very primitively setup and cant be affected by external programs. They just connect straight from the hardware to the program, bypassing windows and its driver settings completely.

I think unless the author writes in a sensitivity slider for the plugin, this feature will be broken and remain very twitchy. Is there any way of contacting them and having an small update made? Its otherwise a decent plugin, and the only one with PSX mouse emulation and able to use a real mouse.

I tried contacting the author through the email address in the readme, but the email failed, the address isn't valid.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  4. Uzzi

Uzzi New Member

I also noticed that ePSXe has a mouse option, but it cant be bound to a real mouse, or set its sensitivity either, so that wont help. I guess I should just go back to the tried and true DOS version. I'm pretty sure this is a dead project on a dead emulator anyway.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012