How do you prove you're not crazy?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Silenus, May 28, 2010.

1. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

So based on Noja's post on the movie Changeling, which I saw before too, it made me realize something.

In the movie the protagonist is taken to a psychiatric hospital against her will and there a patient tells her that it's no good to fight, the more you say you're not crazy and try to prove it, they say it's denial.

So let's say you are taken to a psychiatric hospital, for any reason, but you want to get out, how do you prove to them you are not crazy?

Let's see your comments.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

Depends how much money you have. Rich weird people are called eccentric. Poor weird people are locked away
  4. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

You talk and behave sane, or as ultimately expected (not as expected on the short term, as those expectations are too readapted depending on your reactions to them), if you prefer. Yeah, sounds easy (or difficult, depends).
    As long as you dont actually act like a foaming idiot or a refuznik...
  5. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

Insane talk to an insane person sounds sane. Insanity/sanity is a matter of perspective
  6. Kaizen

Kaizen Qu'ils mangent de la brioche Award Winner!

It's not about proving anything, it's conforming and volunteering for any constructive programs they have. Be chill and help out and you escape.
  7. Taisen

Taisen New Member

Act crazy, go through their treatments each time gradually pretending to get better, and in a few years if you were believable you might get out. Psychiatrists and psychologists believe their own **** which is why acting sane will just make you seem more insane and why they can many times be easily fooled. The only way to get out is by playing the role unless you can voluntarily leave.

Psychology/psychiatry aren't real sciences or medicines. We have given them that distinction though in order to give them the authority to take care of people we classify as untouchables and undesirables. These fields only use science and medicine to come to false conclusions. They're more like religions. If you aren't a true believer then you better watch what you say around their adherents.
  8. Spyhop

Spyhop New Member

Say, "Listen, I'm just like you. I'm normal. I'm not crazy. And neither am I."
  9. Taisen

Taisen New Member

And then he complains about trolling. What a hypocrite!
  10. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

:lol:

Yeah right!

Lock him in the dungeon!

But really this kinda scares me, I would never like to be in that position.
  11. Spyhop

Spyhop New Member

Joke != trolling.
    You're trolling now.
  12. ElijahTW

ElijahTW Need more coffee. Award Winner!

Having been in a mental hospital for a very short period of my life (2 weeks give or take a few days), I found that simply telling them, "You're not making me better. You're making me worse. I was okay when I came in here, NOW I'm going insane." worked. Heh.

The events leading up to this are something I don't want to discuss before someone asks, heh.
  13. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

I fought the doctor to slam the phone down to the hospital, thats why im still here
  14. Taisen

Taisen New Member

He was expecting a serious answer and not a joke so your joke was actually a troll.

I only "joked" as you put it once since I came back because you derailed my thread into Star Wars crap. Otherwise I am always serious about my responses.
  15. ElijahTW

Not really, most of the people on this forum aren't so serious as not to enjoy a joke thrown into a serious discussions. :rolleyes:
  16. Taisen

Taisen New Member

Except it was a troll and skyhop has a knack for getting away with this kind of trolling often.
  17. ElijahTW

How was it a trolling exactly? He simply told a little joke. Pull the stick out of your ass, already.

Also: The topic poster even had a laugh at what he posted.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  18. Geralt Of Rivia

Geralt Of Rivia CDProjekt Supporter

It's easy if you're smart.. Just play dumb and agree with everything the doctors says, bring yourself to the same level they are.
    You don't need to show who you really are. That is, if you have control over yourself. That won't work for real nutcakes.
  19. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Your confusing Spyhop with yourself, for the past week or so i only seen one person troll on this boards and it wasn't neither spy nor squall...
  20. Geralt Of Rivia

Geralt Of Rivia CDProjekt Supporter

Indeed........
  21. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

When I was in Pittsburgh being treated for an episode, I left there worse than when I was admitted. I was put on an experimental anti psychotic medicine, Abilify, and it nearly killed me. I had to go to another hospital and get taken off the stuff. I'm much better now.