Next Generation Emulation banner

How to burn PSX bin/cue files to CD-R and play it on PS2?

63K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GaveUpTomorrow 
#1 ·
*topic*

yeah... how do i burn this..??

i have CD-R and i am having trouble to make it work on my ps2...

yeah, that's right... i'd like to burn a psx game that's in bin/cue format and play it on my CHIPPED ps2...

i have done this before and it worked, but i forgot what i did...

any ideas on how i must to this process..?

i've already wasted a couple of discs on first burning the .cue on a CD-R and then burn the .bin on the CD-R and finally i burned both on a CD-R, neither of these worked! (i burned in 4x speed)

i am using nero.

how do i make this to work..?? any ideas anyone??

my psx game file format = .bin and .cue
my disc format = CD-R

thanks in advance!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe he is just having trouble backing up a game that he owns, and is not actually pirating anything? This probably is not the case, but we all shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I probably know what your problem is, but I'll let an Admin make the decision on this one. As with anything though...if you can't find the solution on one site, search another...

#4 ·
i am not pirating. i am backing up a game that i own. it's a hard game to find these days, and i don't want to let it go this time...

i've tried searching another site, but no site tells me the exact answer, which is why i am trying to ask it here.

and yes, i am aware that this site does not support pirating.

gaveup... you can pm me the answer, perhaps..?

#8 ·
pardon for not being clear enough in my post. i am not pirating, and all i want, is to save my game by backing it up, but i am unsure on how to do the burning process, like explained in first post. hopefully someone knows and will bother to help me. any help would be greatly appriciated, of course.

#9 ·
copying a PSX CD is no sweat---i've done it to some of my games, like FF7, to back them up.

you probably read this thread, right? being that it's at the top of the forum you posted in...

now onto the subject of mod chips. i dont know why NGEmu doesn't support modchips. sure, they encourage piracy (like some say emulation does), but they can also have legitimate uses. i bought mine so i could play Initial D (the PS2 one...and yes, i did buy it, the original version too). anyway, my PS2 has played every foreign PS2 game and backup i've thrown at it, but it wont play PSX games. at all. i tried the MGS: Integral that i bought in Japan (for PS1) in my PS2 and it wouldnt go. then i tried my legit NTSC/UC games (i have a US PS2) and those wouldnt work either. so maybe it's the same for you.

#10 ·
yeah I dont want to further an border-line topic but a lot of first gen modchips do not support psx backups due to the whole seperate chip issue, it could also possible be that you botched one of the wires allowing psx backups, that would explain why ps2 backups still work.

#11 ·
(sorry for any spelling mistakes, I am typed this really quick)

Well, first thing is first...if you want to make sure that your burned copy of the game works, try loading it up in an emulator and see if the disk works in the emulator. Chances are, if the playstation game works for the emulator, and not with your modded system, the problem is what the people above mentioned (either your mod-chip doesn't support PSX games, or there is a wire problem).

Now, you said you had done this before, but couldn't remember what you did, so I am assuming that you had a PSX backup working at one point and that the problem does lie with the mod-chip (am I wrong?).

I don't know how familiar you are with buring cue and bin images to CDRom, but the process is actually not to hard. From what you were saying, it sounds like you were trying to create an "data disk," which means you dragged the cue and bin files onto the disk. (You'll know if you did this by inserting the CDrom into your computer, and if you see just the cue or bin image on the cd, then you're using the wrong process.

I am not sure what buring software you are using, but if you are using nero, you'd want to use "burn image to disk," or use a program such as Alcohol 120% (very cheap for what it does) to burn the image onto the disk. So basically, you can't just through the images onto the disk themselves, they have to be burned using an "image" buring method. Hope that helps.

Sorry if something doesn't make sense, I'm not very good at explaining things... but if you are still confused, post what buring software you are using and I'll try to help you further. Happy gaming. :)

(I hope I didn't break any rules posting this, just trying to help a fellow gamer. If I broke any rules or anything, please inform me and I'll edit the post, thanks).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.