How To Load .SAV files on NO$GBA?

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by WTFWJD, Apr 25, 2010.

1. WTFWJD

WTFWJD New Member

Hello, I am new to emulators and I was wondering if it is possible to load .SAV files from my R4DS and play it on an emulator?
    I've tried loading it as a state, but it wouldn't work.
    I changed "SAV/SNA ... == Compressed" to == Raw
    I tried converting it with a savegame converter

So either I'm doing something wrong or it's not even possible. If it is possible to play .SAV files from my R4DS on the NO$GBA emulator can someone please tell me how to do it step-by-step?

Thank you in advanced,
    WTFWJD
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Go to this site, convert your save from R4 to No$GBA and put it into your No$GBA\Battery folder. Be sure the .sav has the same name (before the .) as the .nds. Once you load the game, the .sav should load as well.
  4. WTFWJD

WTFWJD New Member

I've just finished converting my .sav from my R4 to NO$GBA .sav and placed the converted .sav file into the BATTERY folder with the same name as the .nds game. I started the game and it said New Game instead of allowing me to load one. So I tried to load state but it said FATAL and crashed. Is there any specific emulator settings that I have to apply in order to get NO$GBA to play that specific .sav file?
  5. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

You need to set the correct save type and load your save like how you do in a real ds. Look at the sticky FAQ thread to see how to set the correct save type. After changing the save type, save the settings, and reload (not reset) the game, or restart the emu.

Side note: Save state only works for gba games currently.