How to use action replay/ gameshark codes with pcsx2

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by frigeriod, Mar 20, 2008.

1. frigeriod

frigeriod New Member

i've try to make a patch but with no results can someone tell me how to use action replay/ gameshark codes with pcsx2. i've tried to use maxconvert but in another forum it says that i have to place $a in the mastercode; is that right? And is patch=1,EE, or patch=0,EE, ? is that a good program? could i upload this program or just make a link or nothing?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SlashEdgeXX

SlashEdgeXX New Member

I believe patch=1 is on and =0 is off. This is refering to pnach files, yes? The best way I've found to turn on cheats is by using the build in utility to search for hp/stats values much in the same way you would with CheatEngine or Tsearch for PC games and making trainers.

Theres a thread with a link to this process somewhere that was very easy to figure out... I can't locate it in the mess of all these threads though ._.;. Use the forum search and look for 'patch' or 'how to' I guess.
  4. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

I prefer Cheat engine, and just click for enable and disable, much easier than making patches XD
    and you can remove the cheat completely without any bug and keep the cheated value by saving the game in-game and load it again.
  5. SlashEdgeXX

SlashEdgeXX New Member

CheatEngine works with PCSX2? I wasn't sure if it would or not. This is good to know.
  6. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

If you wanna use external cheats, then you'll have to use the TLB version.
  7. SlashEdgeXX

SlashEdgeXX New Member

Oh... thats depressing. Thanks for letting me know though. I might try it just for the **** of it >.>.
  8. Tyo

Tyo New Member

you can use maxconvert to convert AR/GS code into raw code, and then in pcsx2 misc|patch browse, add raw code, it'll convert the code into pcsx2 patch format
  9. Ledah

Ledah New Member

10. frigeriod

frigeriod New Member