I have some questions about a game's .bat executable

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Lunos, May 31, 2017.

1. Lunos

Lunos New Member

So, I made a quick .bat file after googling a bit in order to execute a certain game by simply double clicking it. It goes like this:
    "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Juegos\ePSXe v1.6.0\ePSXe.exe" -loadbin "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Juegos\ePSXe v1.6.0\games\Crash Bandicoot 1\Crash Bandicoot.bin" -nolog -f -bios "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Juegos\ePSXe v1.6.0\bios\SCPH-7001.bin" -nogui

My doubts are:
    1)Is there a way to hide the CMD window?
    The "-nolog" command should be able to do it, but it doesn't.

2) When I press the Esc key, the emulator doesn't close. The emulator's process still appears in the windows task manager and the videogame's music is still there, any way to deal with that?

Thanks in advance for reading, I'm using ePSXe v1.6.0 with "pete's OpenGL2 Driver v2.9" just in case.

EDIT: Ok, apparently the Esc key only completely closes the emulator if it's on Fullscreen, anyway to make it work like that in Windowed Mode too?

EDIT2: Okay, now all of a sudden it's working on Windowed Mode.
    I just realized though that I can't access any savestates I previously made nor Ican make any, but they work just fine if I manually execute epsxe and my game inside of it, is there a way to fix that?
    At least I was able to get the .bat to recognize my MC by adding "-loadmemc0 "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Juegos\ePSXe v1.6.0\memcards\epsxe000.mcr", but I'd rather load from a savestate since it's faster, to be quite honest.

EDIT3: Solved my 1st issue by creating a 2nd.bat with: "start /min CrashBandicoot1.bat". EDIT2 is all that's left.
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Well first of all update yo shit, ePSXe 1.6.0 is old as all hell, like a over a decade old.
    http://www.epsxe.com/
    As for BAT there is no need, just make a shortcut to ePSXe right click on the shortcut - properties and in target write something like this.

Just change files directories, name of shortcut and even the ICON if you will.
  4. dpence

dpence New Member

there's a bat converted to exe floating around here in the forum that scans your folder for the games and then lets you select which one to start I started it and u3L05 vh9jV optimized the code and made it MUCH better
  5. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Wouldn't that be just a command like, - opengaemlist or something?
  6. dpence

dpence New Member

nope.. this actually scans the folder you input for bin/cue.. so say you want to load crash bandicoot, just type in crash bandicoot and it finds and loads it
  7. u3L05 vh9jV

u3L05 vh9jV ...

It's better to close it, you do not need it at all.
    You just needed to launch ePSXe in the first batch using:
    And the end put an "exit", it's all.

Another similar batch.
  8. Lunos

Lunos New Member

Now that's way better, thanks, it's working perfectly.
    About updating.. I don't know, I might if I find a problem with some game, but so far the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and Tales of Phantasia which are the games that I've tried are working perfectly, so I don't see a reason to update.