(Input plugin) nuvee psx controller

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by shalma, May 25, 2011.

1. slaaron

slaaron New Member

i suppose topgun works with EMS topgun :) No namco support or guncon compatible like smog's driver or wingun?

ANd ok, for command line, will demands soon in pcsx2 forum :)
  2. MitchTorsion

MitchTorsion New Member

Hi,
    Could someone help me to find smog's guncon2pc driver?
    I've searched all over the internet and only found dead links.

I've tried to use my Namco guncon2 with EMS topgun driver but it's impossible to calibrate without the LED stands and the original EMS gun (i guess ?)

WinGun doesn't work with Nuvee, so i think the only way to make it work is to get the Guncon2pc driver?

(sorry for the broken english, french dude :D )
  3. slaaron

slaaron New Member

4. MitchTorsion

MitchTorsion New Member

Merci :thumb:

I'll try this and give some news later.
  5. paubi

paubi New Member

its true, i think for guncon2 in pc only works wingun and smog's guncon2pc driver, being smogs the only to support rawinput. it was very similar to ems driver. im sure it would work.
  6. paubi

paubi New Member

shalma i have a question:
    with emuzwin (spectrum) i could remove crosshair from the emu, with a program called exehack (im not sure about the name ill report more references), where i dropped the exe, and eliminate the crosshair frame.

doing the same with snes9x dont work, and i dont know how to do it. if i download the source, do you know what i need to compile? i had not much idea of these thinks.

psd. master system phaser is fully emulated by mess
  7. shalma

shalma Discontinued Emu Author

Snes9x cursor removal

1- Download reshacker
    2- Install then open reshacker.exe
    3- Drag-drop snes9x into reshacker window
    4- Expand 'Cursor -> 1 -> 1033'
    5- Verify crosshair
    6- Right-click 1033 and 'Delete resource'
    7- Save and play

Can't hack Fusion - I think Steve Snake put in some disassembler protection. So can't see the areas I need to modify. Probably not going to work.

Think I'm done for now then.
  8. paubi

paubi New Member

Thqmks shalma, but thay didnt work. i had tried with 1.51 version. first i had to descomptime the exe with upx, and then i remove the crosshair, and save but nothing happens, crosshairs are still visible. The crosshair i see in exehacker is different to the emulator ones. whay did you mean with verify crosshair? Im gonnaa try with 1.53 version
  9. shalma

Tested with snes9x 1.53 + superscope crosshair. I'm not sure if that crosshair is the one you're mentioning ~ verify crosshair.
  10. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

Dear Shalma,
    I would like to thank you very much for these plugins. For those of us that have never been able to use our Light Guns in the LCD age, I believe this is the opportunity we've been waiting for. I have personal plans to use a Wiimote setup using The Toid's WiiMouse program.

I have a question, though. I tried to use the USB version of the plugin in PCSX2 (Using the included PCSX2 executable.) However, when I try to Config the "Port 1: GunCon 2" setup or try to load a game, PCSX2 freezes. Is there an issue with the USB version of the plugin?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for this amazing set of plugins.
  11. shalma

The only issue I'm aware of is that Resident Evil Survivor 2 needs a 'G-Con 45' to work (game doesn't pick up USB yet). And you don't get lightgun cursors (being more of a gpu issue)

Did you install the official pcsx2 package on your PC? Then copy the pcsx2-usb exe + plugin to that directory? Then run it?

slaaron says that the usb plugin also works with latest PCSX2 SVN. So you can use that too.
  12. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried the latest revision, and the freezing has ceased. (When using the USB version of the plugin.) However, when I set Port 1 to GunCon 2, Time Crisis II asks for the second player side to calibrate. I believe some of the images are missing, like the GunCon logo and calibration crosshairs. Very odd.

Here's a picture of the screen.

Do you have any ideas as to what's happening?

EDIT: Using the Mouse Calibration hack and swapping the side of Players 1 and 2 (Through the plugin's options.), I can pass the GunCon Calibration Screen. However, the game freezes after playing the first second or so of a pre-rendered movie. I've gotten to the "STAGE 1" screen before losing Time Crisis II.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  13. shalma

I've heard that Time Crisis 2 doesn't work well with PCSX2. Don't know why the bullseye is missing either.

Since I can't test the game, can't really help out here.
  14. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

That's fine; I still appreciate the help and this amazing set of plugins. I've been testing both Time Crisis II and 3, and while I didn't get past the menus in TC3, I did get in-game in TC2.

It's amazing seeing this plugin in action; Despite some glitches, it works quite well. My only issue is that my WiiMouse setup won't work with PCSX2. Will there be a PPJoy pipeline option to help improve compatibility?

EDIT: By the way, I'll be testing Resident Evil: Dead Aim (Gun Survivor 4) soon. Another idea for the compatibility issue would be to be able to choose which mouse input relates to which Port in the plugin. It would allow two-player/dual-gun setups, as well as allow users with non-standard devices to select their hardware. (I tried the Acquire method, but, due to WiiMouse's methods, it didn't recognize the Wiimote.)
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  15. paubi

paubi New Member

thanks very much, shalma, it worked with snes9x 1.43. Newer versions doesnt work as the original crosshair is changed. now it is possible to play snes gun games 100%
  16. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

I finally tested Dead Aim, and I was pleased to find that the game runs the best of the tested titles. The game runs smoothly and the reactions from the plugin (USB version.) are perfect.

For other titles, like Time Crisis II and 3, users should simply wait for the developers to put more attention into emulating these titles. (In the meantime, PCSX2 is indeed an amazing program.)

Shalma, you have certainly made my own light gun goals a reality. By the way, I noticed that WiiMouse does have the WiiMote established as an "HID-Compliant" mouse. Do you have any suggestions on how to get Nuvee to recognize it?
  17. shalma

Catching up with everything going on in the world.

Gunfighter 2 does that also. And maybe a few others.

The way USB works, the game gets to choose which port belongs to each player. ~60% of the time, port1 = player1. But the PS2 console usually uses 'usb port1 = player 1' + 'usb port0 = player2'. Confusing double-swapping.

I could hardcode the profile options to auto-include this swap hack (so you don't need to keep toggling the global one).

For mouse devices, we need this one - it can't physically detect light -> dark screen flashes. Absolutely 100% essential to getting the Guncon2 to pass calibration.

Nice! Never heard of TC2 running in-game.

For TC3, my tester wrote awhile back that he used a 2.2 (2.3?) slim bios + fast cdvd + pcsx 0.9.8 usb. That went in-game for him.

If it's related to mouse calibration / shooting, that can't be (practically) fixed. The Guncon2 (black!) screen flashing is a pita - can't do it without the help of GPU plugin pixel detection.

So your shots may get delayed or calibration may be some wonky.

Hmm. PPJoy = gamepad. Don't know yet - if DirectInput can detect your device as a 'mouse', I can allow you to select between DI or RawInput.

DI = behaves like a normal PC mouse
    RawInput = allows absolute coordinate (lightgun) or PC mouse

Need to seek out documents about how this works. See if there's some common shared areas to cut down on (stress) work.

On XP, we can only see '1' mouse through DirectInput. RawInput lets us see 8+ mice.

Acquire is the current solution to select each mouse (must use acquire for each port). Dual-gun setups do work with dual PC mouse as-is.

For non-standard users, DInput mouse would be the most convenient solution. But dual-guns would only work on Vista, Win7 or higher (XP = not DInput possible).

I'd need to look up how a WiiMouse works.

The Dead Aim engine looks to be the most 'Guncon2-friendly' in terms of twitch-action response. Doesn't poll as often and input lag (from USB emulation) is acceptable.

That would likely mean DInput works? I don't think DInput allows for a 'direct' lightgun tracking system - just a relative mouse motion. But if that's what you need, I'll hack in a DInput or RawInput selection.

If the devs support cmdline passing for gpu, spu, input plugins, I'll hack that in too. (nothing to work with so far on this)

=======================================
    =======================================

I don't know what (where) they put in their own custom one. :shrug:

1.43 it is!
  18. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

Shalma, you are awesome; If your RawInput idea works and is implemented, it would mean so much to me and other users.

I've been stubborn about the WiiMouse idea because it can be used with a variety of programs, including MAME. In addition, a WiiMouse setup would allow users to utilize a "WiiMote + Nunchuck" solution for games like Dino Stalker and Resident Evil: Dead Aim. (The GunCon 2 and similar light guns don't have the most intuitive setup for D-Pad usage. Workable, yes, but not horribly comfortable.)

As for the glitches I was referring to, those are issues with PCSX2's emulation itself. It's an absolutely amazing piece of software, but it's still in active development. Any comments about that aren't related to Nuvee's performance.

By the way, I was able to get in-game in Time Crisis 3 through some trial and error. Take a look:
    [​IMG]
    Like Time Crisis II, the game has fog and slowdown, but Nuvee performs beautifully.

Thank you, Shalma, for being so attentive to your users and their requests.
  19. shalma

Before I overexert myself, please try this build:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/vp4y5n

Forces RawInput off. Forces DirectInput on.
    (edit: nuvee uses RawInput. WiiMouse doesn't support RI. So trying DInput backup)

It worked with ps1 guncon1 test. So I imagine this works for ps2 guncon2 (currently only uses default system mouse - no acquire).
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  20. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

That was quite fast. Using the DirectInput version, it worked just fine; I was able to get in-game in Time Crisis II and 3 and play for a few minutes.

By the way, this version of the plugin hides the cursor, which is quite nice for authenticity.

EDIT: I had better results following my second batch of trials, so I had to change my original post.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011