(Input plugin) nuvee psx controller

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by shalma, May 25, 2011.

1. shalma

shalma Discontinued Emu Author

Good! I'll get to work on making the changes for everyone.

Thanks for reporting all your test results.

Alternative method:
    In the Guncon2 config, there should be a 'Cursor:' box. Set that to 'Hidden' to remove any gun crosshairs (or mouse cursor).

Maybe it should be renamed to 'Crosshair:'
  2. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

Thank you for tackling this effort; I'm sure many users will benefit from this. I myself am quite excited to see my light gun dreams coming true.

As for the menu, I think "Cursor" is best, since, in most cases, it will retain the default pointer graphic. (Even if it doesn't it should be understood that the Crosshair itself is the user's cursor.) I've only tested the plugin in PCSX2, so I may be in the minority.

By the way, I noticed that, in Time Crisis II and 3, using the DirectX9 (Hardware) version of the GPU plugin gets rid of the fog issue. (It creates some after-image effects, but those are minor.) I couldn't get any more speed out of my 2.33 GHz Quad Core, but at least it's enough for proper testing.
  3. shalma

Being a 'niche' developer, it's nice to see a few more peoples' dreams coming true before the day I ultimately stop.

Sure.

Changes are about 85% done - should let you select between RawInput and DirectInput. Being Win7, you should get the full DInput multi-mouse acquire (unlike XP). Having a Win7 tester around for DInput dual guncon would be handy (I'm on XP).

There's one sticky point that's not making the acquire part work yet with DInput - RawInput driver directly conflicts DirectInput. I'm only allowed to turn on 1 or the other (not together during config).

May need to find a way to tell user to 'restart configuration' when RawInput -> DirectInput.

Swap guns are now part of the game profiles for Gunfighter 2 + Time Crisis 2. Albeit untested but should work. I think I'll add an INI version system to the profiles - force a profile reset for everyone.

Probably have something for everyone to try out by week end.

Would you mind testing this out though?
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/0xdd9z

This is to confirm that WiiMouse does not support RawInput (although it is a HID mouse). Moving the Wiimote around would normally trigger an X-Y change if HID Raw supported.

edit:
    Giving it more thought, you should be able to use 1 RawInput device - SysMouse. Which nuvee fails to detect atm.

But it will only see the Windows mouse (WiiMouse), so no dual guncon emulation.

Either way, this bug will be fixed up also.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. rama2

rama2 Emu author Emu Author

Hey shalma,
    I wonder if it's okay if we link to your plugin from our forums and our user guide?

I'd also like invite you to join our forums at forums.pcsx2.net, so we can work together on this.
    I'm especially interested in your modifications to pcsx2 itself (the usb mod).
    If those are needed modifications, we could add them to the code :)
  5. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

Hey, man. I gave Raw_Mouse_Test a try, and WiiMouse was not detected; It's definitely not RawInput.

By the way, I don't know if I ever said this overtly, but I'm running Windows 7 Professional. In addition, I'm quite excited to see PCSX2 coders interested in Nuvee.
  6. shalma

Sure. It's 'free license' - do whatever you want with it. Add a mirror or take charge and sex it up as project manager. :)

There's not much left to work on this (besides accuracy which is never my dept). But okay, I'll be flexible about this. :lol:

Very little was changed to pcsx2 itself - I have several reports that USB works with PCSX2 SVN. But I'll dig out the changelog and share the lines modded from 0.9.8 official.

Hmm.. I thought SysMouse (Mouse 0) would show up. Guess not. :)

After the next build is done, I'll uhm.. take part in that pcsx2 guncon thread. DInput is being a pain with the button acquire inside a DialogBox so this may take some time to find a workaround. :|
  7. shalma

Alright. New build up + sendspace mirror (front page).

Thanks to slaaron, Guncon PC drivers now mirrored at ngemu (front page). :thumb:

Main changes:
    (PS1 + PS2) DirectInput or RawInput now selectable. Conflict problem solved - switch API as you want (no restart needed).

(PS1 only)
    No-flash: Rescue Shot now has protection codes to avoid crashes

(PS2 only)
    Promoted Gunfighter 2 to working status (remove 'x' from profiles)

Swap lightguns should no longer be needed - roothub reset connects port0 first. Then port1 20 cycles later. Game has no choice now but to accept this order.

Also when game manually resets the port, don't take too long (ex. 30+ cycles). Game may timeout connection and ignore afterward (wonder if this fixes RE Survivor 2 problem).

Improved lightgun swapping to work more reliably.

I'm rather tired now. Maybe I'll chime in at PCSX2 forums another day about whatever needs to get moving. :lol:

@rama2
    Please see this for PCSX2 changes:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/showpost.php?p=1991146&postcount=120

A cheap brute-force hack. I saw Gigahertz put in a more thoughtful fix from a changelog some time back (something with Monster Hunter 2 keyboard).
  8. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

Hey Shalma. The plugin is looking amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing an official PCSX2 release incorporating the "USB" version's edits, as well.

By the way, I tried the DirectInput option, and while it recognized the WiiMouse in Acquire Mode, it didn't work in-game. Nevertheless, I want to thank you for working so hard on the RawInput/DirectInput issue. I think it's time I bought an actual LCD Light Gun for my setup instead of entertaining the WiiMouse option.
  9. shalma

The DInput WiiMouse worked before so there should be a way to do this. Have you tried DInput with a real PC mouse? Because WinXP only lets me use the SysMouse, I can't directly check that DInput is working correctly.

I'll check over the code though and see if anything comes to mind.
  10. ShadowofDoubt

ShadowofDoubt New Member

I decided to do some additional testing. For this attempt, I used the Mouse as Player 1 and WiiMouse as Player 2. (Both set up properly through Acquire Mode, with "Time Crisis II" under both profiles.) I could calibrate the mouse in Time Crisis II just fine. However, when I tried to calibrate the WiiMouse (Player 2) in-game, I could only hear gunshot sound effects. (It was as if I was firing off-screen.) So, perhaps there is some hope for my setup; I won't give up if you're still willing to help.

I also appealed to WiiMouse's author, The Toid, over at the Whirlpool forums. Perhaps he'll be able to offer further assistance.

Could it be that WiiMouse doesn't respond due to the nature of PCSX2's game window? Any ideas?

EDIT: Working on the issue a bit more, it seems like WiiMouse tries to replace the default mouse instead of becoming a separate source of input. Though there are two cursors in PCSX2 (Mouse and WiiMouse), the cursor for the physical mouse "snaps" to the corner of the screen whenever I hit the WiiMote's "A" button. Therefore, the only cursor PCSX2 responds to is the one for the physical mouse.

Here's a detailed explanation: I triggered the in-game crosshair [in Time Crisis II's Calibration Mode] to appear using the physical mouse. (In both 1P and 2P's cases.) When the WiiMote's A button is pressed, the physical mouse's cursor "snaps" away from the screen, and the in-game crosshair goes with it. The "snapping" only occurs when the WiiMote is used.

I hope I explained that clearly - It's a bit tough to describe.

Though PCSX2 and Time Crisis II do react to the WiiMote's A (Fire) and B (Duck) buttons appropriately, they do not seem to recognize the WiiMouse cursor for some reason. The "WiiMouse highjacking the original mouse's cursor" is just a theory, but it doesn't explain why there are two cursors in PCSX2's game window.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  11. shalma

12. slaaron

slaaron New Member

Hello,

nice to see that ur work still in progres :)

i don't have time to try a little bit with another gun (compatible guncon2) and guncon2pc ...

Accident... ailllleeee

but glad to see "that sandbox" evolved to great project :thumb:

don't have read all new stuff but hope for wingun support with direct input :)

will test when i should be cure
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  13. shalma

Wish you well in healing.

That would be nice if it works.
  14. slaaron

slaaron New Member

Actually, it doesnt work, very strange issue oO

if i try direct input, it doesnt' work, i see the crosshair randomly on the screen calibration (time crisis zone).

i can't validate the calibration to.. ^^ but i will retry, perhaps some mistake from me :)

i'm cure ^^
  15. shalma

16. slaaron

slaaron New Member

Hello,

just tested this new.dll and wingun.

Report some strange issue, mouse work on guncon mode dinput, and my namco under wingun act strangely with the mouse acquire.

it means i can move the cursor with the lightgun with the mouse on guncon mode but of course, the crosshair move around the target randomly.

If i try my namco and "guncon mode" with dinput, no response during 10s, then i heard shooting no crosshair, no issue :).

i try both mouse guncon mode with light gun in port 2 gunconmode the same :s

can tested thru exe?

So, rawinput failed with wingun, and directinput act strangely
  17. shalma

Can you post the debugging logs generated by that nuvee debug dll? (should be in pcsx2 folder. something with nuvee-log or similar)

I'm not that confident WinGun + DInput can be supported (since I don't own one).

WiiMote + DInput maybe through PPJoy. I can create a virtual joystick with it so maybe it's doable. But it's something I'm not eager to do for awhile. ;)
  18. shalma

@slaaron
    Guncon1 nuvee used to be DInput-only months ago. Paubi said his lightgun worked when 'sensitivity = 0.000001'.

Please try that.
  19. slaaron

slaaron New Member

okey roger that :)
  20. Madmab

Madmab New Member

Hi.. If you didnt know I'm the current maintainer of pcsxbox. I've been doing alot of work to add as many features from reloaded to it and improve it's compatibility.

Anywho someone mentioned yer lightgun plugin thread and I was highly interested in trying to add lightgun support for the xbox version. However from a coding viewpoint I'm not sure if I could build something from scratch.

Didn't know if you could help me out on it.

I tried Pm'in you but the site wouldn't let me? So I decided to just post in this thread.

So just let me know what you think.. :)

Thanks