(Input plugin) nuvee psx controller

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by shalma, May 25, 2011.

1. shalma

shalma Discontinued Emu Author

Yes, I remember you. :)

Take whatever you need. Much of it should be shared (actual guncon, mouse cores). The real DInput polling would be your area with XBox though.

If you've got specific questions, launch them. ;)

(I turned off PMs because... of private reasons) :p
  2. Killervin

Killervin New Member

I dont remember it mentioned it or not before, but only 16:9 pcsx2 mode give the good X values in games. This isn't a problem for me at least, just for your information.
  3. shalma

@madmab
    notaz already did a Guncon (likely more accurate version) here:
    http://notaz.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/gitweb...it;h=4c08b9e7dd350a48fc3e0515913d6ccc8b15e5ae

If you try pSX's (accurate? seems high) guncon, you'll find that Time Crisis is not-so-accurate with the shots. Which is why the profiles are invented. But I think notaz found a working version with his code.

@killervin
    Can't fix that one (with win32 cursor). PCSX2 devs need to draw their own gpu cursors.
  4. shalma

5. slaaron

slaaron New Member

Hello,

trying to drop the sensitivity , working in wingun directinput :)

some problem with accuracy (time crisis zone) but able to play :thumb:
  6. John Peterson

John Peterson Member

7. blue_fAng

blue_fAng New Member

I am playin Time Crisis: Crisis Zone (the only game i have), but when I hit the mouse buttons it doesnt do anything.
    I've tried many different settings but it doesnt work.
    For example: Port 1: Guncon. Crisis zone profile and hit acquire. Left:Trigger. Right: A. Middle: B. Raw Input. I dont know what else im missing.
    I downloaded different versions of the plugin and it is the same, and my mouse is serial.
    Please can you tell me if theres anything wrong? And sorry being a noob:dead:
  8. unistuff

unistuff New Member

Time Crisis: Crisis Zone problem

I have almost the same problem. In the game Time Crisis: Crisis Zone nothing happens when I press mouse buttons. I tried Direct Input but it keeps on Raw Input anyway. I tried all options and nothing help. I use nuvee_ps2_pad - guncon1 (2011.10.21) latest. I assume that it is somehow works becasue I see mouse cursor can't leave game window (snap mouse to window checked). Am I doing something wrong?
  9. Killervin

Killervin New Member

I wish you a Merry Christmas Shalma. :)
  10. jukethehitman

jukethehitman Advanced PC Pro

Sorry about bringing up an old thread but i didnt know what else to do :/ oh and before you say "Why didnt you just use the search button!?" i already have. and i googled to!

I have a ems topgun "The First one!". And i have a "epsxe and pcsxr". I want to play my time crisis 1 the best it can be played but i cannot find a guide tutorial on how to do so. So if someone could post a link to a guide or tutorial on how to setup the ems topgun with the nuvee plugin, i would be forever greatful. or even a guide on how to setup the nuvee plugin would be nice. I have tried configuring the plugin within pcsxr and i cannot even get the mouse working. i must be missing something so simple but i cant see what? please help?
  11. Killervin

Killervin New Member

Just read this thread. The first posts tell everything about.
  12. tawhiri

tawhiri New Member

Hi guys,
    Thx alot for this plugin,
    I have one issue right now on pcsx2 when the guncon screen come he ask me for player 2 calibration but i have only one gun :x so iam stuck.
    Anyone know how can i fix that?
    Thx alot and sry for my bad english!
  13. Madmab

Madmab New Member

Hi again.. long time no see.. I got caught up in working on other things and am now just wrapping back round to this. I've just recently added in mouse support for the xbox.

However my next question is multi-tap related. X-port implimented multi-tap into pcsxbox some time ago. But when trying to setup bomberman party I could not get it to recognize the controllers. In fact the only game his multi-tap code seems to like is Micromachines v3.

Anyways I got to looking at your multi-tap code (and I know it is only partially implemented). Your code essentially looks identical to what x-port implemented. I was curious if you ran into similar issues with games detecting it.

Quite frankly I'm a bit baffled. I did look at a couple other plugins that "support" multi-tap but I don't see anything that seems like it would matter.

Oh and thanks for the quick response. I honestly did not realize you attached the source so quickly. I'm hoping to get to looking at the light gun portion sometime soon.

Thanks... If you are still around.
  14. d123456

d123456 New Member

Thanks Shalma, CK and PHO work great on a real ps1 console. You've done some amazing work.
  15. andwan0

andwan0 New Member

Anyone got this working under Windows 8.1? on PCSX2?
    Everytime I acquire, it says found mouse... then hangs... I can't close the setup/config dialog... and I have to KILL my tasks.
  16. shiryu55

shiryu55 New Member

My problem is, when I use the pluging nuvee with the controller 82b to operate wingun original Nanco guns.

Compatible pistols and smog driver works nuuve plugin.

the driver of smog not get well calibrate the original Namco gun ,and have to use the driver wingun this works fine, but with this emulator does not get it to work with this driver .

if i can use the controller wingun with this plugin ,
    which the correct settings in this plugin.
    for this one plugin,

sorry for my English , I am using a translator.
  17. Style Master

Style Master New Member

I am a late comer with this just recently bought an aimtrak lightgun ultimarcs , and want to play some of my favs psx lightgun games. I used the nuvee plugin and configured it.
    Now if i start the game [Die Hard Trilogy] I can see that the gun movements with a crosshair works.
    but at the start screen i can not select or use the lightgun to select a game .
    What do i have to do to make the aimtrak act like an controller?
    Or can you use the lightgun in combination with a keyboard?
  18. BishyT

BishyT New Member

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but i'm having trouble finding any answers to this.

I'm trying to play Time Crisis in PCSXR using the nuvee_psx_pad.dll plugin. I'm also using Pete's OpenGL plugin (plus tapeq's tweaker) to play the game in HD in fullscreen. I'm currently using a resolution of 1400x1080 so I can keep the original aspect ratio.

My problem is that i'm having a lot of trouble getting the lightgun crosshair to move correctly with my mouse (it's too sensitive). I've tried ignoring it, but having both my mouse pointer and the crosshair visible and moving at different speeds makes this difficult to do. I understand the guncon emulation works best at 640x480, but the readme says that higher resolutions work well also. What's the best way to get it to play nicely with my resolutions settings? Is there a rule about what threshhold to use for which resolution, or am I supposed to just tweak it over and over again until I get the right setting?

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, is there any way to change the appearance of the lightgun crosshair? The fact that it's small and dark blue makes it difficult to see sometimes.

EDIT: Solved the problem myself by changing the "HID Mouse API" to "DirectInput". Would still like to know how to change the look of the targeting reticule.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  19. Sorn

Sorn New Member

20. fx_undertaker

fx_undertaker New Member

I would like to say a big thank you for Mr. Shalma for all of his hard work. This is real commitment you did. I read all you post about all the energy you spent. Good job mate ! Just played die hard trilogy with a guncon(real ps1) and it was a so fantastic that I can described it. I used to play it with a third party gun who had the normal mode but it sucked a lot. Special Thanks to sorn for keeping the link alive, all the others were dead. thanks a lot you guys. If we meet someday, I will buy you a beer.