Intel HD 3000 plugin settings?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by anemoneman, May 27, 2011.

1. anemoneman

anemoneman New Member

I know it's an integrated card, but people are saying it works as well as some entry-level dedicated cards.

Without bashing it for not having a dedicated memory, what are the best video plugin settings (OpenGL2 if at all possible, OpenGL and D3D are OK if not) that could be achieved while maintaining optimal framerate?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

Pete's D3D. OpenGL on an Intel 3000 is not a recipe for success.
  4. anemoneman

anemoneman New Member

Yeah, I guess it will lag too much. How do the graphics compare between OpenGL2 and D3D?
  5. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

Not by much, in the scheme of things. What CPU are you running?
  6. anemoneman

anemoneman New Member

7. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

Then you should not have a problem. You have more than enough power. OpenGL wouldn't look much different than D3D.
  8. anemoneman

anemoneman New Member

Alright, thanks for the help (the computer's in the mail, haha).
  9. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

What system btw?
  10. anemoneman

anemoneman New Member

HP ProBook 6460b
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  11. JohnJack

JohnJack Member

In the meantime, he could try GSDx. Its compatibility isn't high, but for a software plugin, it looks as good as any hardware plugin.
  12. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

I would still stick with Pete's D3D. GSDX is a PCSX2 centric plugin, not a ePSXe plugin.
  13. JohnJack

JohnJack Member

If you check the release notes on that page, you would see that GSDx works with ePSXe.
  14. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

I never said it didn't. I just said for an Intel chip, D3D is still the way to go.
  15. JohnJack

JohnJack Member

Well, with Intel, CPU power is their strong point, so a software plugin shouldn't be ignored. I'm not disagreeing with you, as I regularly recommend Pete's D3D to AMD and Intel users when Pete's OGL2 gives them trouble. However, I'm surprised at the graphical quality and speed of GSDx, especially considering that it is a software plugin.
  16. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna New Member

Either Pete's D3D or P.E.Op.S. Soft.

At this point, the problem with Intel integrated graphics isn't the lack of performance. Pete's OpenGL2 isn't really that heavy on GPU resources and Intel HD 3000 is around the level of a Radeon HD 5450. The problem with Intel and OpenGL is the driver support.
  17. DancinWookie

DancinWookie New Member

Intel can only do one right thing *picks nose* making processors. I am starting to feel even they are starting to fail at their own x86 architecture instruction sets. Honestly I think x86 processors may just take a backseat as the GPGPU utilized systems blow past them. Since intel fails at making graphics processors they'll fail to provide systems that utilize GPGPU technology at the highest efficiency. The next five years will divide computer technology amongst super fast processors and moderately fast processors using co-processing power to the highest efficiency. Anyways everything is going unified whether intel likes it or not.

AKA Intel Graphics maybe on paper pretty strong but their drivers lack the support and communication seen between hardware that is present in AMD and Nvidia cards.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  18. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

Intel does not fail. They just don't care. Intel could buy Nvidia AND AMD if they could or wanted. Most of there solutions are stopgaps.
  19. DancinWookie

DancinWookie New Member

Serves intel no purpose to buy either. They maybe be in the same game but that is exactly why purchasing one another is illogical. A company would only buy another if the can improve their assets in the purchase. Global foundries provides nothing that Intel doesn't already have. Intel attempted to obtain Nvidia but they screwed them over in legal deals and so Nvidia decided that it'd be a waste of their time just to be screwed more. I believe AMD and Nvidia rather see Intel die. I could imagine ARM getting purchased by Intel.
  20. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

Intel can't buy either because of antitrust laws.
  21. DancinWookie

DancinWookie New Member

True I was looking from the value of resource aspect. The way intel is dominating in stocks over any company a RnD would be cheaper than acquiring a whole new company. Buying a company would require paying more employees and updating their plants to their standards.