Internet Speeds (2013 - )

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SCHUMI_4EVER, Apr 8, 2013.

?

Your internet speed is?

1. Mobile 3G and 2G/Edge/GPRS (please only vote mobile if that's your primary form of connection to the

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mobile 4G and LTE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Less than 1Mb/s

6.7%
  4. 1Mb/s - 2Mb/s

3.3%
  5. 2Mb/s - 4Mb/s

6.7%
  6. 4Mb/s - 10Mb/s

20.0%
  7. 10Mb/s - 20Mb/s

30.0%
  8. 20Mb/s - 40Mb/s

13.3%
  9. 40Mb/s - 60Mb/s

10.0%
  10. 60Mb/s - 80Mb/s

3.3%
  11. 80Mb/s - 100Mb/s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 100Mb/s +

6.7%
  1. ssakash

ssakash New Member

*packs up stuffs*

Here I come, New Mexico !
  2. Kaizen

Kaizen Yes Award Winner!

My internet is artificially limited to 300/300.

When you have fttp the speeds that can be provided are often prevented, ISPs have crazy profit margins and they all need a spanking to upgrade infrastructure and exchange equipment.

They can afford to upgrade cities in the uk to 1000/1000 and still retain an 80% profit margin (learned this in my job recently)
  3. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

2 months ago I upgraded my plan to a theoretically higher speed for lower price. For those 2 months it stuck at the regular 1.5mbps getting around 140kbps. Pretty annoyed.

Last night 9mb down 0.8mb up. Yew!
  4. Kaizen

Kaizen Yes Award Winner!

9megabytes down? That pretty decent
  5. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Through steam I ended up with 1.7megabytes down. I must have misinterpreted the speed test result.

Still, that is magnitudes faster than what I had before. It feels strange being able to download things so quickly now.
  6. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Upgraded my internet speed, double my speed for only $5 more a month. I am on resold AT&T U-Verse with none of the restrictions
    @ruantec likes this.
  7. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Goddamn....... it was about time! my mom live far away from the city in the country side and her mobile internet is still faster than yours :p
  8. Yeloazndevil

hmm? I was on a lower tier package before and before that I was on shitty 6mbit adsl. so I have been on Truestream for a year
  9. @ruantec

Ah, i was wondering why you had such a bad internet over there. As i said on my previous(updated) post even my mom who lives in the country side have a mobile internet that is faster than yours now :p
  10. Yeloazndevil

my phone data plan max speed is 40Mb/s :p
  11. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

If you think that's bad, trying living with adsl. No fibre and no cable in my area...

[​IMG]
  12. Yeloazndevil

I lived with adsl for 7-8 years everytime it rained or was very hot outside my net would go out. I live an area with no competition. I have Charter for cable (very high prices) but no Time Warner Cable or Comcast. The only Fiber here is AT&T U-Verse with a 250-300GB cap and verizon is selling its FIOS in the west and will be staying in the east coast. Not like I could even get FIOS ever since Verizon stopped FIber expansion.

I was glad my ISP started Truestream and I jumped on it first chance I got for no caps. So I felt your pain
  13. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

To bad i'm to lazy to change the internet wiring around the house and also my router goes only up to 100 mb/s, because i actually have 300mb/s atm... for 9$ this is quite something...
  14. @ruantec

I thought as much hence why i was wondering why the hell you had such a bad internet connection. My mom's connection is 50mbps LTE.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  15. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 &-)---|--< Staff Member

[​IMG]

Over WiFi. Should be faster on Ethernet.
  16. Nightmare

Nightmare king Kong Never Dies!

Just upgraded my internet speed (well, downgraded the upload speed).

Down - 30mb/s. Up - 6.7mb/s (used to be 10-12 mb/s). About USD 45-55 per month, damn expensive.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  17. @ruantec

Wait...... what? your upload is far higher than your download? and you pay 45-55 per month? now that's insane..... why not swapping the up/down?

...Waiting for Strike105X to show us how great and cheap internet connection is done XD
    Nightmare likes this.
  18. Nightmare

Opps...!!! Thanks for the question bro, lol. I mistakenly writing up as down and down as up, already corrected them :D

Here the government is the only real ISP provider....they monopoly the market so they are charging quite expensively.
    @ruantec likes this.
  19. @ruantec

Phewwwww! glad is the other way around but sad to hear the price wasn't a typo.... i have the same connection and i pay around 30 euros. That's like 3 times more than what Strike105X pays but he has like 4 times faster internet lol
    Nightmare likes this.
  20. Nightmare

It is pitiful when a goverment monopolies the ISP :(

Few days ago, i told one of my Ukrain friends that i have upgraded my internet speed and it is 30mbit now! He told me "LOL, we have been using 100mbit since 3 years ago and we pay USD 6 per month".