Iphone Emulator

Discussion in 'Misc Console Discussion' started by DaStinger77, Jan 4, 2009.

1. DaStinger77

DaStinger77 New Member

Anyone know of an Iphone emulator that can be used to test/run apps and games on PC?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. lagunareturns

lagunareturns Active Member

there is none, and even if there one, it will be dog slow, look at the progress with ds/psp emulation and you think an iphone emulator is possible
  4. Dax

Dax ライチュウ|タオ

And before someone mentions it, the iPhone "emulator" in the Xcode SDK in OSX is NOT an emulator; it's a simulator. It just shows you how the apps would look/function.
  5. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

I think it is possible because look at Windows 7.. It will have touch screen. :)
  6. lagunareturns

vista and xp has touchscreen support, it is not the os its the monitor having touch screen support (which ends up paying double for a gimick and that halves the life of the monitor).... iphone emulator isnt possible due to touchscreen, look at the ds emulators, what isnt possible is figuring out how to do the acceleromoter, rendering the 3d graphics accurately and have the emulator run at a good speed and have good compatiblity.

lastly what is needed is not people demanding for one, thinking it is easy, we need someone to make one at their own time and freely want to make the emulator. I dont think well see one since there isnt any windows mobile emulator, well a proper one... and dont think java mobile players are emulators, they just run the games theres really nothing involved in emulating the phone (well accept if it is required to get the game to run.
  7. ElijahTW

ElijahTW Need more coffee. Award Winner!

I don't think it'd be impossible. I can't say it's coming anytime soon, but I'm sure it may come eventually. Input support would be trivial though, but they said the same thing about the DS before emulation started happening with that. I can't think of any way that input support would be really enjoyable, but it doesn't mean their won't be an emulator at all.
  8. DaStinger77

DaStinger77 New Member

I think touchscreen support could be easily emulated with a mouse. As far as actual emulation, I have no idea of the inner workings, how similar or not they are to the way PCs function. So it looks like my answer is they are just as different as any other handhelds, therefore emulation will be awhile coming if ever.
  9. deadmouse

deadmouse New Member

iphone emulator For weak minded people

Only a weak minded twit could beleave a iphone can't be emulated..why:
    well for speed what its 400mhz .

as far as tilt..that can be fixed with the arrow keys to "tilt" the emulator up,down,left,right while the mouse touches the areas of the screen "emulating" touch.

as for 3d gfx..LOL apple used a fuxing 3d rage for 10 years in ALL powerpcs,what would be so hard about that?openGL,gl,Direct x really isin't an issue besides we all seen for the past 20 years how gay the apples gfx are from os 7 to 9 my 3do could do better,i bwouldin't dout a cd-i from philps could out do it in gfx.

its all a matter of time and how board someone gets one day to start the emulator,but for those who wanna try there above are some tils about emul8ing tilt and touch screen

besides back when pent II's were 200mhz NONE beleaved a n64 could be emulated...it was with a emu called CORN,played mario world on a p100mhz 64 megs ram ANY video card and win98 FASTER than the real n64,every one had to use a pcSlowdown program.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  10. lagunareturns

deadmouse you are a dummy, sorry for the name calling but emulation never ever meant that cpu speed bieng the factor, its emulation the cpu architecture which is different to destop cpus as well as other hardware the iphone uses... by your logic then a pentium 2 with a tnt 2 video card can run nintendo ds full speed....

the point is emulators is hard work, its not a matter of someone getting bored to do it, its a matter of someone having the time and can get bothered to do it... ill doubt we will ever see an emulator when there is already a large, continually growing amount of people getting the phone

still the point is it will terrible emulator anyways when so many games rely multitouch and the acceloromoter which cant be emulated properly with current hardware anyways so my opinion i wouldnt bother with an emu of the iphone unless you would like an incomplete emulation....

all those people asking for an iphone emu dont own an iphone anyways so you wouldnt be legally entitled to use the emu (if there ever is one) and the stuff you would run on it will most likely pirated games
  11. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

<Sarcasm>

Gee the PS2 is "only" 200mhz and it is "easy" to emulate!

It runs on my 900mhz PC, Honest!

***Rolleyes***

</Sarcasm>
  12. lagunareturns

i reckon unless it is news of a real iphone emulator, the thread should blocked with a reply no there isnt one and no there is no news at all of one in works
  13. Exophase

Exophase Emu author Emu Author

Completely off topic and I don't mean offense by this, but it bugs me when people say "it's not an emulator, it's a simulator" (or vice-versa). The distinction between the two is very poorly defined, and people pretty much say that any time they want to distinguish a particular emulator in some way. I've seen it to mean "more accurate", "less accurate", with whatever display/realtime debugging, etc.

Although I do wonder exactly what this thing included with the SDK does.

A good iPhone emulator is not impossible. It'd probably need to have the OS HLE'd and the ARM core emulated with a good recompiler. It'd be a ton of work and I doubt anyone would do it, especially w/o having the proper multitouch and accelerometer interfaces available on a PC.

Ah, this is great. Every time I hear a newb mention Corn it gets more and more exaggerated, like some overblown urban legend. Pentium 100MHz, any video card, needed to use a program to slow it down, that's wonderful. My Celeron 400MHz certainly didn't need a program to slow Corn down, I guess it had proper speed synchronization afterall? And it sure wouldn't have ran well (or at all) on a video card that didn't have 3D acceleration. All that aside, I'm very skeptical that a 100MHz Pentium 1 could sustain fullspeed CPU emulation for Mario 64 in Corn, even if said emulation was way below what was necessary for emulating other N64 games. I do see that number mentioned a lot, but I have a good feeling that most people weren't actually around when this emulator was it.
  14. Zaxo101

Zaxo101 New Member

15. deadmouse

deadmouse New Member

legal..wtf..slavry legal?no..do most people work for a living?yes..slavry is work and u ****s do it every day,if a black guy calls me cracker and i call him ni-gg-e-r- who was wrong?me of course..who is to say whats legal anymore or whats aceptable,i beleave IF u have no means the shet should be free,my line of thinking is "if u'r poor u need breaks till u can do for yourself,i mean what if some poor bastered downloaded the IPHONE emulator then make the app every one bought?should we condem him for having the emulator or pat him on the back and say "Grate ****ing job man"
    \AND WHATS EVEN more FUNNY is the fourm TRYED to Bleep n-i-gg-er BUT NOT the Word Cracker!

it make me so mad to hear lamers say "it can't be done" then spout off this dick sucker about legal stuff:mad::???:eek:O
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  16. Exophase

Exophase Emu author Emu Author

It took you over a year to post THAT?
  17. deadmouse

deadmouse New Member

yup..i'm a ramdom person...took over a year for me to get the email..

Dear deadmouse,

Zaxo101 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Iphone Emulator - in the Misc Console Discussion forum of Emuforums.com.

This thread is located at:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-console-discussion/116796-iphone-emulator-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    --DaStinger77 --

try mobione iphone emulator, works on the PC without issue... here: http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Emuforums.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/subscriptio...=417396&auth=0f4f7153c095020b447635a3cfea4eda

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all
  18. Nonoche

Nonoche New Member

Sorry for answering after so much time, but I just found this topic ^^,

I don't know about other cases of simulator/emulator distinctions, but here's what I know about the iPhone Simulator. It doesn't emulate the ARM processor of the iPhone. When you compile your application in Xcode to be run in the iPhone Simulator, it's compiled in X86 assembly, and executed as such by the simulator. The only thing in common between the iPhone simulator and an actual iPhone is that the simulator embeds iOS's APIs to run the code. It's not an emulator, in the way that it won't run applications compiled for the iPhone, and only simulates its behavior.