is desmume or no$gba better

Discussion in 'DeSmuME Discussion' started by coronamon, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coronamon

coronamon satan

i wanna know which is the best since my connection is 40 kb/s
    im from the remote area of chittualtresdan

well please reply soon
    im in a hury for astralya toor
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. shashClp

shashClp Emu author Emu Author

Well, both are under 0.5 MB of download, which at 40kb/s is quite easy to download and compare.
  4. lll

lll New Member

Hmm if you want to play games then DeSmume would be the best cuz its progressing really quickly and you dont need a bios dump(or download) to acctually start a game.

4 the rest i agree with shashClp.
  5. refraction

refraction PCSX2 Coder Contributors Award Winner!

can you not mention downloading bios's on this forum, thank you. It is against our rules
  6. Negativeone

Negativeone Negativeone

I would say that NO$GBA is better because practically their both the same. One has more compatibility and the other has saves. So I'd say their both the same.
  7. lll

lll New Member

Srry refraction but it is one of the availible options.

But lets have that aside. DeSmume has more compatibility yes and NO$GBA has saves which you can do whenever you want but they are much the same in some aspects. For instance if you want to play Age of Empires the graphics will be the same on NO$GBA. And Battles of Prince of Persia is only working with sound and black screen, with both emulators. But as i said earlier its your desicion.
  8. JKKDARK

JKKDARK New Member

Don't forget iDeas. It's getting better and better :)
  9. refraction

option or not, we dont tollerate warez of any sort on this forum.

Anyway ON-topic now, its very hard to choose, all emulators have their strengths and weaknesses, no$gba and DeSmuME are definately top (they both have sound for starters :p) but iDeaS is catching up quite rapidly, infact iDeaS is the only emu that Animal Crossing loads on for me xD (no$gba does but its blackscreen at the menu and then dies)
  10. emumaster124

emumaster124 New Member

NO$GBA is 100% better. Try v2.4a, its the best DS Emulation has to offer so far. :)
  11. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Active Member

That Animal Crossing run just fine on my no$gba the latest one but until this boy came out of the house and I can only see the sky on the top but on the bottom is blue screen with no sprites at all. :)
  12. Serio

Serio loli

And yet it still can't get either of the Castlevania games to work right at all unlike desmume. :p

Desmume is the better one in my opinion. Hell, it can even accept the .sav files and read them fine for some games.
  13. cloudsBro

cloudsBro Argh my eyes, my eyes!?!?

All three have their strengths and weaknesses at the moment. In the future, they will all be equally as good providing they are all still being developed.
  14. refraction

thats what i mean, iDeaS (albiet a lil broken) has the 3d :)
  15. RockmanForte

Oh, okay. heh! That's good to know. :thumb:
  16. marik1234

marik1234 New Member

No$GBA is way better, is anyone even gonna argue about the speed differences? No$GBA's runs a lot faster than DeSmume.
  17. RockmanForte

You shouldn't judge them. They work hard for us. It's not fair to them. They are doing a good job. :)
  18. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Well we judge which is better...we can't help it...it's a fact that no$gba is CURRENTLY better and faster...but what the future holds no one knows and it won't neccessarily still be the best in a month's time.

It's not like we are saying the others are useless as they most definately are not, but currently they are just not as far in their development as no$gba is.

It's not wrong to say that no$gba is currently better...but anyone that says the others are useless is a moron.
  19. RockmanForte

That's your opinion. I do not judge anybody. It is not fair, you know. :)
  20. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

It may not be fair but it's what humans do.

As soon as you see one thing you automatically compare it to something else...what you are basically doing is judging.

Let's say there were 2 emulators and 20 games. Ok so you use one and it can play 8 games propperly, another 4 at half speed and 2 others get ingame.
    Then you test the other and it can play 2 games at halfspeed and that's it. How could you not judge them and say the first is currently better than the second?

Saying something is better or the best does not automatically mean everything else is garbage.
    Saying no$gba is currently the best does in no way discredit DeSmuME, DualiS, iDeaS or NeonDS or any others I may have left out...or the effort their authors put into them.
  21. ShakirMole

ShakirMole The Alpha and Omega

agreed but the idea should not be that others are worthless as you are not saying that. Obviously at the speed no$ is developing it seems that iDeaS or DeSmuME will develop faster and with better results as the people are many. But u know Martin releases the next version when he feels there is enough change but about iDeaS he is on fire at the moment.
    To conclude No$gba is better now but DeSmuME or iDeaS may become better due to more releases in the next few months plus offtopic question, do u think a fully working DS emulator will be released by the end of the year?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.