Is Mednafen opengl broken? (RetroArch 1.3.6)

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by synce, Nov 6, 2016.

1. synce

synce Normal Person

I've tried the latest stable build and the latest nightly, there's severe graphical glitches in games like Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid. Even the bootup logo has a glitch. However the libretro blog shows GT1 looking normal in opengl so I'm wondering if the issue is only on my end and how I can fix it.

This is what the blog shows:
    [​IMG]

But this is what I get:
    gt1sm.jpg

Even on a freshly installed RetroArch with all default settings, the glitches return if I try running Mednafen HW with opengl. The only way to get rid of them is to use the software renderer, but that means no PGXP
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dukejp

dukejp Member

The hardware renderer has been updated with Vulkan support. You must enable the vulkan driver in Retroarch, AND the vulkan driver IN THE CORE options. In this screenshot, i have 2x resolution and all the PGXP option to "on". But some games have glitches with the pgxp options enabled, i only have the texture perspective correction enabled, and even this only option give me problems with some games (Tomb Raider 1). But is a good start for the best psx emulator until now.

RetroArch-1224-222219.png