Is there a way to get more memory cards for this Emulator ?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Johnmiceter, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Johnmiceter

Johnmiceter New Member

My little brother is trying to get a code to work in a game called YUGIOH Forbidden Memories, and for it to work, he needs 3 memory cards. I checked in the options to this Emulator and there only seems to be 2.

SO is there a way to et a 3rd one anyway ?

And also, save opening a new topic, is there a way to get gameshark codes or Codebreaker codes to work with this Emulator ?

Thanks. :)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports New Member

You can copy/Rename the files in the memory card folder to swap them around. It should be possible todo it with the emulator running, atleast for the card not in use. If its not you can use the game state saving to pause the game load and unload the emulator.
  4. Johnmiceter

Johnmiceter New Member

Hi thanks for the reply RainMotorsports That worked renaming the memory card, didn't know it was so simple :) SO I have 4 memory cards now but still can't seem to do this trick, but not really to experienced using ePsxe.

This is what I am trying to do not sure if anyone has played a game called Yugioh Forbidden Memories? But this is the trick, but had a play around but couldn't do it.

a) Intro
    I'm sure you've all read about the method of purchasing cards without losing
    your starchips. Well, for those of you who have, you're gonna hear it again.
    For those of you who haven't, here's a quick demonstration. Oh, you'll need
    3 memory cards. Yeah, sorry. But trust me, it's worth it to buy a third
    (PS1 cards are very cheap nowadays) just for this trick.
    For those of you who have, you've probably heard the duplication trick too.
    Well, below (c) is a fresh new, quick way to duplicate (this also requires
    three mem. cards).

The memory cards will be refered to as A, B and C. Memory card A is your main
    save card. B is your temporary storage card, and must have a different
    User ID to save A. It can be a new game save. Finally, C is your slave card.
    It has a duplicate save file from card A. This card will be used for acquiring
    cards and tricking the game system. It will have the same User ID as A.

b) Never Spend Starchips
    First, make a duplicate of A onto card C (you should've already done it).
    Then, use your new C save to purchase your desired card.
    Next, save, then trade from C to B (you can't trade from C to A, as the codes
    are the same). Now, all ya gotta do is trade from B to A!
    Congratulations, you've just cheated the system.

c) Duplicating (My EXCLUSIVE method)
    * If you haven't already duplicated A onto C, do it now (see part 'a').
    * If you've just used the above trick, there's no need to make a new duplicate
    save file of A. Just use card C as it is.
    * Now, go onto TRADE, and load up cards A and B.
    * Once both cards have loaded, remove card A from it's slot, and replace it with
    card C, the duplicate.
    * Now, simply trade across the card(s) you wish to duplicate, to card B.
    * This process will create the card data on B, and delete the data off of C.
    * The trick is, the system deletes the data from card C, if there's anything
    to actually delete, instead of deleting it from card A.
    * Exit TRADE mode.
    * Switch cards C and A (put A back in).
    * Now you can trade the card(s) from B to A.
    * Repeat the process as many times as desired.

This process is actually A LOT simpler than it looks, and a lot better at
    duplicating cards faster
  5. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports New Member

well epsxe only loads 2 cards at a time, now while the games not loaded when u just bootup pse its possible to change which files are loaded.

Windows allowing... which it may not, you could copy files in and out of the folder with the same name copy one card 1 out for another card one file while the emu is paused this is like hot swapping physical cars on ur ps1 without turning it off.

Maybe thatll help but it depends on windows to allow it.
  6. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

the easiest way to make more memory cards is just to select a memory card in ePSXe that doesnt exist.

for example, when you start out, it says memcards\epsxe000.mcr. so, in that box, put memcards\whateva.mcr and when the game loads, it will make a new memory card with that name.
  7. Celine

Celine Narcissist

Just remember "hotswapping" memcards (i.e. while ePSXe is not actually off, just paused) can lead to inconsistencies in your saves.
  8. Johnmiceter

Johnmiceter New Member

Still no luck with this, but thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

Save making another topic I will forget about this save trick, but is there a way to get Gamshark codes or action replay codes to work on this Emulator ?

Because if there is, my little brother would be able to use some really good ones and he'd be very happy, and so would I as he would stop annoying me :)

So if there is a way to get Gameshark codes to work, please explain or point me in a the right direction so I can read about it, thanks.
  9. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors