Joystick Configuration

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by Xymet, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Xymet

Xymet Programmer/Animator

I have A UCOM USB PC DUALSHOCK JOYPAD. Well, I know how to configure the joystick with the emulators well enough. However, the problem arises when I try to have it use Rumble effects.

I used ePSXe v 1.5.2 and 1.6.0. And when using this emulator, The games assume that my controller support Vibration. Hence the function is enabled. I used the In-Built Pad for the emulator and used Digital/Analogue Controller Type. I tried different combinations of Interfaces but to no avail. None of the interface changes helped.

Then I went onto try PSXeven and SSSPSX Emulators.

For both these emulators I chose SSSPSX and Harakiri Pad Plugins.

When I configure Harakiri Pad and test the Dualshock with the motor tests, I get positive results. However, in the game, I find that the Vibration is disabled. When using SSSPSX Pad Plugin, I can configure it well enough, but the same case arises here too. It seems that the Pads Vibration function have been disabled.

For Harakiri Pad Plugin I have chose the Pad Type as Dualshock.

So with these in mind can you give me any suggestions to get over this problem. THNXS
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. cyclonmaster

cyclonmaster EmuAddict-_-;;

same here, the only emulator that vibration function working well with me is only pcsx 1.5 with SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6. I'm testing with Grand Turismo. Others didn't working. I'm using this pad with this psxp_BBBBB030210_B driver. How to make vibration funstion to work with epsxe?
  4. Xymet

Ok. I've been testing out various emulators and found that Vibration works for me only using SSSPSX emulator (latest version) along with SSSPSX PAD PLUGIN 1.6. Funny. All other configurations, and settings seems to give me a negative effect. Well, I've been getting vibrations in Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX for now. I haven't checked others yet. But I'll try it out.

And thats the question aint it? How do we make it work with epsxe? Any one????
  5. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

weird about getting vibration in FF7--that game came out long before the dual shock did.
  6. cyclonmaster

Yes, I think Xymet made a typing mistake. FF7 don't have vibration feature:p Psxeven + harakiri plugin also give a vibration result with Grand Turismo and some games but not with FFVIII, Legend Of Dragoon, Chrono Cross. SSSPSX & PCSX very similar emulator in many aspect as IMO. Even plugin selection look the same. Yes, both emu + SSSPSXPAD 1.6 is a good choice for people who looking for a vibration feature.
  7. Xymet

Yeah, that should be a mistake on my part :emb: , but you know, I would've thought that it would because my Joystick keeps on vibrating at odd intervals after I attach into my PC. I have tried to look up the problem and to my disgust found that I had installed a Windows NT Driver instead of Windows XP. And I've even tried to search for the latest Driver for this joystick but to my surprise, i found nothing whatsoever on any website. And yeah, there wasn't even a Website of these dunders who manufactured the Joy. But now that clears everything up. :p
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  8. rilwan

rilwan New Member

Ucom Driver

I have just bought a Joypad name Ucom Dual Shock but the joystick Does not Vibrate i tried installing the driver that came with the cd but the cd won't open please can u send me the Driver that came with ur Ucom Control cos i have looked for it online but to no avil i will love it if u can help me with the driver that you u can email it to mine email address rillysystems@yahoo.com or upload it to raphidshare i will download it from there please help me so i can enjoy the joypad it is not vibrating at all and it is not fun as u know
  9. cyclonmaster

try pm xymet. His using the same device as you.
  10. keev

keev New Member

my right analog stick doesnt work...?

hey y'all!
    i have a UCOM usb pc dual shock joypad, UC-JS704 S, and i aint sure whats up with my right analog stick. like when in some game, like project IGI, or prince of persia:warrior within, or battlefield vietnam, they're all like first shooter games so i'm like suppossed to move the pointer, the gun or something, around with the stick right? like move around with the view, like how the mouse would be working but mine is not responding, not at all!
    please, i need help. what might be the matter? its new, just bought it yesterday.
    even the vibrate isn't working!
    help me out, will you.
  11. widescreed

widescreed New Member