jpcsp problem

Discussion in 'JPCSP Discussion' started by benxben1, Sep 13, 2011.

1. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

well on win 7 im trying to run jpcsp but when i run a gam through it it starts loading then the pause button is automatically stuck down on the loading screen

is there some way to fix this or an emulator that will actually work? pcsp didn't work for me ether :/
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Most if not all commercial games need BIOS dumped from your PSP. Additionally, even though JPCSP is the best PSP emulator around, its compatibility is still pretty low. See the dev's forum if your game is playable at all.
  4. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

ok with jpcsp where do you put the bios?
  5. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

You don't need a bios to use JPCSP, in earlier versions of the emulator you needed to dump the EBOOT.bin from each game that required that specific file.

But the emulator can decompress that on-the-fly now so you dont need it anymore.

What game are you running? i remember seeing that problem in Mega Man Maverick Hunter X with JPCSP r2298, no idea if the new revision fixed that problem. When the problem happened the game auto-paused the emulator, so i needed to press the run button again.

That problem happened in the loading screen at the begining.
  6. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

im running the newest (i think) build of jpcsp and trying to run assassin's creed bloodlines on it but just after the assassin emblem spins slightly it auto pauses
  7. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

Haven't tried that game, try another game to see if the problem persist.

If the problem doesn't happen in another game chance is Assassin's Creed Bloodlines is pulling the same move Mega Man Maverick Hunter X pulled on me...
  8. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

any idea what move that is?
    knowing the problem helps find a way to get a patch that can fit it :L
    but yeah i guess i will try it with something else in the next few days and get back to you about its working or not

what ones have you found not to have that problem?
    somehow i find psx emulation alot easier to understand (and you can run the psx games from discs easily)
  9. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Ah, I'm a bit back on my knowledge, then. But now I know, and knowing's half the battle.

EDIT: The game is marked under loadable, meaning the ROM loads, but does not go ingame. Nothing you can do until a fix comes around.
  10. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

Pretty much all the games i tried didn't had that problem, only Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, in a earlier revision that game didn't have that problem.

PSX emulation is easier to understand true but it's being developed for more years, Jpcsp will one day be as user friendly as those emulators... i still hate the fact that Jpcsp is coded in ****ing JAVA tho...
  11. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

Whats wrong with java? just another way to code stuff
    and true psx has been being emulated for 10 or so years
    im surprised how popular psx emulation is nowadays since its so old tbh

and the other guy oh ty thought maybe my computer had a compatibility issue with the emulator (as earlier computers have had with ds emulators)
    so many compatibility issues can appear...
  12. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

You can start by reading the stuff here.
  13. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

JAVA doesn't feel like a native application (this is more like a placebo effect), but in case you didn't read the above post, this is the JAVA comparison from that link:

Comparison to other languages

#1 moderately slower than compiled languages such as C or C++
    #2 similar to other Just-in-time compiled languages such as C#
    #3 much faster than languages without an effective native-code compiler (JIT or AOT), such as Perl, Ruby, PHP and Python.

In other words:

#1 As you see it's slower than C or C++, most emulators are coded in those languages.

#2 JAVA have the same performance as C# but then again, very few emulators are coded in C# (if any at all...)

#3 And again, JAVA is faster than those other obscure languages, no biggie, no emulators are coded in those languages anyway (as far as i know...)

SO is mind boggling to me why they chose JAVA to code a PSP emulator, i wouldn't mind if it was a Nes emulator... but not PSP, c'mon...

Anywho... can't byte the hands that feeds me...
  14. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

even if it's a slower/harder to work with code it's more about how the person codes it
    if they code something well with java but someone else codes a worse one with a faster language which would you use?
    as long as it works I'm not gonna be picky
    and there is one other emulator for it(that i know of) that is meant to work well(but wouldn't run for me) call pcsp (I think) which I doubt is java
  15. Matis

Matis Finger of Doom

PCSP is, as far as I know, done by some of the ones that work in JPCSP, as a C/C++ version of the Java emulator. Unlike JPCSP, though, it's closed source and thus receives updates far, far more spread apart. I recall reading that they are using JPCSP as the testing grounds for the C version of the emulator and for debugging purposes.
  16. benxben1

benxben1 Ex-Virgin

yeah well from what i can tell jpcsp is running better with higher compatibility
    i may be wrong but i doubt it
    but pcsp should some day be the main psp emulator once they work out all teh ccompatibility and such