Latest Win10 Update Broke ePSXe

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by lullylew, Apr 14, 2017.

1. lullylew

lullylew New Member

Ok so today Win10 installed two updates:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703

and

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 (for x64-based Systems) (KB4018483)

ePSXe was working fine until these installed. Now I get the old ePSXe has stopped working when I attempt to load an ISO(don't worry I do own the games I play. I just like the extra vid options and loading times of the emulator. Sweet 1080p PSX games)

What I've tried:

Compatibility Settings yes all of them.

Running as Admin.

Fresh version of ePSXe.

Changing CPU Overclocking setting.

Different BIOS.

Different plugins including ePSXe core plugins.

The Application Error for ePSXe found through Event Viewer is Below
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 14/04/2017 14:35:59
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Motherbrain
    Description:
    Faulting application name: ePSXe.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x576aa939
    Faulting module name: nvoglv32.DLL, version: 22.21.13.8165, time stamp: 0x58deff5a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00acee5f
    Faulting process ID: 0x14b4

It seemed to point to one of two things. Either C++ issues so I reinstalled those packages and also tried running the repairs or draw issues with nVidia so I have attempted a fresh driver install and have played done everything I can to allow ePSXe full control over visual by changing everything to app controlled in nVidia control panel.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. lullylew

lullylew New Member

UPDATE: It seems the latest windows 10 update messed a few things around in terms of driver kernel for nvidia GPUS. Uninstalling nVidia drivers through windows did not do things properly and I was forced to use "Display Driver Uninstaller" (DDU for short) from Guru3D to properly clean all of nVidias trash out of the system. ePSXe is now working flawlessly. Link for this software below.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html