Links and Guides to Custom Shaders for Pete's OpenGL2 plugin

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by ViperXtreme, Aug 11, 2006.

1. SimoneT

SimoneT work haunts me, but I'm running faster!

Some changes... now it's a little bit better. Remember to set it properly ( see the attached snapshot )

Attached Files:

blackshadow999 likes this.
  2. SimoneT

For pure 2D games... I need help from guest.r and Hyllian for future development...

Attached Files:

guest.r and blackshadow999 like this.
  3. guest.r

guest.r Member

Well, i saw the accuracy feature implemented in xBR shaders by Hyllian in RA and i liked it. So i implemented this feature in OGL2 version too and it works really nice. Some explanation. The standard version produces artifacts sometimes because the shaders approximate some situations, but they work very fast. Now they run a bit slower, but no artifacts.:D

Another nice feature is the "Autoscale" one. It calculates the scaling factor and sets the shader up by internal logic. You can still set the scaling manually if you like.

Last but not least, my latest CRT-Lottes shaders are included in this post. Happy time everyone.:)

Attached Files:

4. SimoneT

Big changes... now it's really better. Remember to set it properly ( see the attached snapshot ). Expecially designed for games like FFVII.

Attached Files:

5. Great Dragon

Great Dragon New Member

@guest.r
    Thanks for your latest CRT-Lottes shader. Shadow Mask 4 is my favorite now.
  6. SimoneT

I have resumed and tweaked my hold Bump Map shader. Comments are apreciated!

Attached Files:

7. dpence

dpence New Member

is there a way in the shader to turn off tv colors?? I really like the look of the plugin, just the colors are bit to rich for me on my 50" sony...
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  8. SimoneT

Here it is...

Attached Files:

9. Great Dragon

Great Dragon New Member

Ok, I've made comparison of the latest shaders in this thread.

1. AA4.0+colors+CRT-Lottes (Shadow mask 4)
    2. SimoneT mixed 3D - 2D games + TV colors emulation Shader v 1.2
    3. SimoneT mixed 3D - 2D games Shader v 1.2
    4. SimoneT Bump Map + TV colors emulation v.1.0
    5. xBR-LV2 Accuracy AutoScale

1.[​IMG] 2.[​IMG] 3.[​IMG] 4.[​IMG] 5.[​IMG]

Plugin settings (w/ Screen filtering for SimoneT's shaders and w/o Screen filtering for guest.r')
    [​IMG]

IMHO the absolute winner here is #1. All other shaders ruin the picture in its own way. Maybe I've screwed up with the shaders' settings. Please correct me if it's so.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  10. dpence

dpence New Member

1 looks ok, but is too dark and the colors are off -too saturated.
    the ideal shader for me would be a brighness shader (to increase overall brightness to compensate for Lottes on the end)+aa 4.0 + simoneT mixed 2d-3d + CRT lottes without the curve
  11. Great Dragon

Great Dragon New Member

12. SimoneT

Personally I think the plugin Pete GL2 Core has some problems with the shaders ... have you tried the plugin Pete's OpenGL2 Driver v2.9? What results you get?

P.S.:I do not like so much these comparisons. If you do not like a shader, do not use it. If you like it, use it. If you are better than me or Guest.r or anyone else, you can write one for you ...
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  13. Great Dragon

Great Dragon New Member

@SimoneT
    Hey man, no offense. I just want to help. You've asked for testing and I did test by comparing various plugins' output. IMHO it's the most obvious way to show what plugin actually does.

Here is the result of Pete's OGL 2.9 output. As you can see they are almost identical to Pete's OGL2 Core.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    SueSide likes this.
  14. SimoneT

I'm sorry, you're right. Many times I'm very rude. I've probably figured out the problem. Can you try this new version? Thank you. And thanks to Guest.r for the idea.

Attached Files:

15. Great Dragon

Great Dragon New Member

Yep. Pre-rendered background are now smooth and dialogue text looks better. Also I've notice some glitchy shades/poligons on Barret are gone.
    [​IMG]
  16. dpence

dpence New Member

OK all you shader creators, gotta question.. is it possible, via shader to create an overscan option?... you know to get rid of the black bars that often creep in on games like Spyro, Crash bandicoot (US version), Castlevania SOTN...etc...juts sort of a pixel zoom them the user could set (So 100 would make the image 100 pixels bigger all around zoomed from the center not top (Since it wouldn't remove the top border)... anyway dunno if it is even possible, but I know IF it was no one has done it...
  17. guest.r

guest.r Member

This shader is definitely for advanced users who are used to edit the settings. It rather operates with relative values but folks should get the grasp of it after a while. You can also use it to shrink the image if you like it.
    Edit: new preset, thanks to @dpence for tweaking

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  18. dpence

dpence New Member

perfect... setting y to .09 and all the games I mentioned are now borderless!
  19. SimoneT

Version 1.5 ( version 1.4 unreleased... ). Some changes. Level 4 turn off tv colors emulation. Level 2-3 decrease it.

Attached Files:

20. SimoneT

New version.

Attached Files: