Loading games through shortcuts (with different configurations)?

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by BishyT, Feb 27, 2016.

1. BishyT

BishyT New Member

Ok, I know that with ePSXe it's possible to load games through a shortcut, so that you don't have to open the emulator and manually browse to your digital backup.

I was hoping to do this with PCSX-R, but i'm running into a couple of problems. The main problem of course is that I can't seem to find any info on how to do this, or particularly what command line arguments are available. Every time I try to search for info on this I just keep on getting results for PCSX2.

The other problem I have is that the games I have require different plugins and settings to work. Case in point, when i'm playing Ergheiz I need to have the normal controller plugin, and I like to have Pete's OpenGL set to 1080p with the Widescreen GTE Hack. However, when i'm playing Time Crisis, I need to use the nuvee Gcon plugin and I need to have Pete's OpenGL set to a square aspect ratio (the widescreen GTE hack messes with the collision detection). While some of my installed plugins have separate INI files (such as tupeq's Tweaker and the nuvee gcon plugin), most of them don't, so I can't see how i'd be able to switch between different settings on the fly.

So yeah, in short, how do I load PCSXR games with different configurations via shortcuts?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement