Loading Gameshark/AR save files?

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Blue Phoenix, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix New Member

Is there any version and/or extension that allows this? If so, which?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Lex_Light

Lex_Light New Member

All versions since 2.5 (I believe).
    Anyways, you can use NO$Zoomer and a file called "USRCHEAT.dat" to get cheats.
    You can get them here. :D
  4. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

^TC is asking if he can use Gameshark/AR save files not the cheats itself. >_>

As for TC's question, I think any version should do. You just have to convert the save first using this site here, then copy/move the save files to your no$gba's battery folder. Just make sure that the save file name matches your game's file name, then load your save the same way you load your save in your real ds.
  5. Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix New Member

Do I need to convert the SPS to a SGM or a SAV? Or both?
  6. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

You have to convert your saves to one of the supported format that the site uses. Since the site doesn't have the sgm as one of the option, you will have to convert the save to sav. I'm not completely sure this, but if you converted your save files to sav, you can just copy/move the save to your no$gba folder.

If that doesn't work, then convert the sav files using the site that I posted in my previous post, and select no$gba (.sav) as the target.
  7. Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix New Member

Do you have any other converter resources to show me? Because the only save types I have access to are SPS and XPS, neither of which show up as an option in the Source Format box.

If it helps, I'm converting saves for a GBA game, not DS.
  8. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

I should have asked which system's save file that you are trying to convert. :X

Anyways, just use vba-m, then open up the game that you want to import your save for. Afterwards, go to File>Import>Gameshark Snapshot.
  9. Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix New Member

Well, I've tried VBA-M, regular VBA, and nearly every other GBA emulator I could find. For some reason my computer is being a douche, and No$GBA is the only emulator that doesn't have screwy controls, for example when I release a key the action may continue for a few seconds, or I may tap a key to get no response.

Since no$ is the only one avoiding this problem and I don't know how to fix it, I was hoping to find a way to load a save file so I can skip straight to the Hard Mode of the game I'm playing, since I've beaten it before and don't want to play through the normal game all over again. But I guess that's what I'll have to do if I can't come up with anything.
  10. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

Try using the emu's default setting. Just delete vba.ini file in your vba folder and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, then you can try using this tool here to convert your save.
  11. Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix New Member

I fixed it.

After the default controls wouldn't work, and nothing would read my converted save using that tool, I got an idea.

I loaded the game up on VBA, imported the snapshot, then deleted the original SAV file so that VBA would write a new SAV containing the imported data. I replace the SAV that was in the No$ BATTERY folder with the one created by VBA, and now I have the imported file on my No$.
  12. BluePanther

BluePanther New Member

No luck here. I can load up the game on VBA, but when I attempt to import snapshot of "sps" file I get the following error message: "Error: Cannot import snapshot for HARVESTMOGBAA4NE. Current game is HARVESTMOGBAA4NP [OK]"

I made sure the game and the snapshot had the same names first, but I still got this error message. Is there another way to open the GameShark save file in NO$GBA?