Low fps on PCSX2 0.9.6

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by sameev29, May 11, 2009.

1. sameev29

sameev29 New Member

I have Battle Stadium D.O.N (J).When I run it I get 50-60 fps on intro and menus but when I start a battle between 2,3 or 4 players the fps drops between 30-35 fps.My pc configuration is:

Motherboard:Intel G31
    Processor:Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5ghz
    Graphics card:XFX Geforce 9800GT 1 GB (600/900/1500)
    Ram:2GB DDR2 (800 Bus)
    Power supply unit:Thermaltake 500watt
    Operating system:Windows XP Service Pack 3

I have seen many people get 45-60 fps in this game.So what can I do to spped it up?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

to get some more fps you have to use some speed hacks that may help you to improve the performance of your game and at the same time break some(none of my games break actually) one more thing i recommend you is to use images(from your games) files from your HDD rather than the original games using your DVD-Rom.

go to "Config" -> "Speed Hacks" and set your settings similar to that:
    [​IMG]
  4. tuanming

tuanming Final Fantasy XXX

Either use the hack(s) or overclock the cpu to get more speed or fps for the game.
  5. me myself and I

me myself and I New Member

I'm having a similar issue, though it may be that my computer just sucks. How exactly do you overclock the cpu tuanming??
  6. beantownsag617

beantownsag617 New Member

Low FPS

Hey guys I also have a problem with my PCSX2 Emulator's FPS speed. I have a laptop with 2.10 Ghz , an Intel Core Duo Processor, 4 GB of RAM and a real weak video card that I can't upgrade :( (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver) with Windows 7. I can watch the intro movies with no problem at blazing fast FPS speed and play a Dreamcast emulator pretty well. But when it comes down to gameplay it slows down dramatically to like 10-20 FPS. Is there anything I could do to fix this problem without getting a new PC or laptop?
  7. KingpinZero

KingpinZero New Member

Nope.
    The intel gpus are weak althought some newer versions are better in some 3d gaming (like 4500HD).
    This said, the processor may be good for some emulation but to me it seems that you dont meet the necessary requirements to play ps2 games.
    Dreamcast emulation doesnt mean anything at all, remember that even nulldc runs on the pandora handheld which have a low end hardware (that means that it doesnt take too much to work).
  8. redlofredlof

redlofredlof troubleshooter Award Winner!

you cannot upgrade you cpu or GPU. SInce your cpu speed is below average for pcsx2 you will not get playable speed in 3D games no matter what you do.
    Try naruto Games, they work fast on slow CPU's since they have 2D arenas.