MCR to VMP (easy way?)

Discussion in 'Software Discussion' started by Gaijin Punch, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch New Member

I got stuck in a game (Tales of Phantasia) while on vacation w/ a nice, 14 hour flight ahead of me. I was 20 hours in the game, so obviously didn't want to just quit. I found MemcardRex which is great. It converted my VMP to MCR format, and I got past the problem part. Now, the issue is I need something to convert it back to VMP to finish it up on my PSP. The only thing I've seen seems somwhat manual. Is there a certain trick in creating VMP files that I'm missing?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Shendo made a nice guide for this here.

4. Gaijin Punch

Gaijin Punch New Member

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
    As very dumb luck would have it, I was able to get past the problem part before by a little bit of tears and a lot of sweat, and am bout to finish the game. Something tells me this will happen again 20-30 hours into some other game down the road though. :)
  5. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

First of all you have no download attachment...though you say you have and after searching for the link for 1 hour i found it...it converted to the .vmp and then it didnt even work :mad:
  6. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Staff Member Moderator

Read the readme and understand it. Otherwise go for CWCheat method which I actually recommend.

Btw: Who said that there was an attachment on this particular forum?
    Also, something is not right if it took you an hour to follow the link Silenus posted...
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  7. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

...I know what i was doing...its not so hard to convert a .mcr file by just clicking on it...

i converted it with the same Game ID and i got the full .vmp and then i renamed it and replaced it in the save games files (yes i put it in the right game i even tried 2 regions of it)...

As for CwCheat when enabled it shuts off my PSP or makes it crash whenever i start a game...and that is after trying 3 versions of CwCheat...

And for the download link "Use the attached MCR to dVMP application to convert your .mcr file to (dummy) VMP." - Dead link

After searching through the internet i got 4 dead links and 3 Japanese sites...then i finally got the right download...only to convert it and then it doesnt work... :(

I know i sounded a little bit p***** but everyone says this works...
  8. Shendo

What firmware do you have and have you enabled popsloader?
  9. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

Well i have a PSP fat....CFW 5.00 M33-6....every popsloader from 3.00 - 4.01...trust me i have tried everything...On my game i have already got a save files but i checked the save file folder and there wasnt a save file...even though i could load it...even though i know that is the right save folder :???:
  10. Shendo

What game are you playing? Are you sure that the save is for this particular region of the game?
  11. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

Im playing Resident Evil 3...i have tried all the areas...now i deleted the whole RE3 folder...and it was gone...i restarted the game and the folder came back and the icon is the only icon that says resident evil 3 so im sure thats the folder...its code is SLPS01222...but however i saved the game and when i went into that folder there was no save file :(...its not really making sense...i am quite a noob to hacked PSP's because i only hacked mine a few weeks ago but im a quick learner...didnt know what a CPU was until a year ago :lol:
  12. Shendo

Can you view a save when you go to Memory Card Utility?
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  13. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

Yes i can see it in save data but i cant see it when i load the game and if i have a normal save i cant even see it when i open up all the PSP savedata folders oO
  14. Shendo

No I meant with the Memory Card Utility of popstation.

Alternatively I can convert the save for you, just attach the mcr card.
  15. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

Ok i never knew there was a memory card utility with popstation...how do i access it? anyway here is the file...thanks for the help :) (sorry i have to compress it)
  16. Shendo

Here you go.

As for MC Utility just press home button when you are playing the game (assuming you have newer revision of popstation).
  17. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

thanks so much...ill test it
  18. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

No sorry didnt work but thanks for all your time =( ... it says the game ID is SLUS_00923...i checked this on cwcheat but when i check all the save data folders i could not find that code...so i made one and copied all the SLPS_01222 into the SLUS_00923 folder i made an created the new save file...didnt work =( ...might try a different copy
  19. RpgLover1

RpgLover1 New Member

Trouble with MCR to dVMP converter

Hi there! First time poster, here. I'm admittedly a noob at this stuff, but I have a psp slim with CFW and popsloader. I am having trouble converting my ePSXe .mcr save file to a .VMP file. I have tried to convert it on my PC and on my PSP, but either way it tells me it's not a valid memory card. Is there any way you could convert this for me, or give me instructions on how to get past this issue? Not sure which one you would need, so here are both. Thanks so much in advance!
  20. brendude13

brendude13 New Member

Wow, that was three years ago?
  21. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor