MegaDev9 plugin !!!

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by Luigi__, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Pyramid_Head

Pyramid_Head Trust No One

I'm sure it is a frustrating task. I'll messing with it though. Thanks for all the info!
  2. DJ_Heniek

DJ_Heniek New Member

I tested this great addition, but I have some problems:
    1. When I change disk size from 8GB to for example 40GB it doesn't works and backs to a standard 8GB.
    2. HDD Utility Disc writes, that there isn't plugged any HDD.
    3. PSBBN also.
    4. PS2Linux RTE(I don't tested Sony retail and beta) when I would like to install blackrhino, it loads kernel and tries to read anything data from dev9 and makes a loop.

I tried it with a JAP BIOSes, USA BIOSes and Debug BIOSes, but nothing works.

My machine is: Athlon 64 2,4Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9550 if it does matter.

Cheers.
  3. markovee86

markovee86 New Member

plz help

i cant increase my hdd image more than 8 gb
  4. akumaevil

akumaevil New Member

If you have games installed on your 8GB hdd,is better you create other hdd imagem bigger.

If you try increase size i think you older image will be repleced and you lost you data.

Choose other place to save a new image.
    -----------------------------------------------------

I want install street figher alpha anthology,i dumped my ps2 v9 500001 bios,and put all files on pcsx2 bios folder,and game say hdd is not formated.

I try format with hdloader,game not show any error,option to install on hdd is displayed,and i try install is say "you need at last 2048MB free" i press ok,and game returns "insufficient disk espace".

I try format with dms format tool and same error,i try find sony disk utility tool to format hdd i've tested 3 diferents versions and pcsx cant emulate and i got black screen or game back to bronwse.

I see in this topic a pic this sony format tool runing on pcsx,i want know his version,and if need config something on pcsx to emulate this disc.

I believe i only need correct format to install street fighter anthology on hdd.

Anyone have sucess with this game?
  5. ahmedmoselhi

ahmedmoselhi New Member

i have installed this mod,created hdd image with size 8gb and formatted it with hdloader
    and installed some game but it didn't boot as expected is there any help about this
  6. da_dragon2k3

da_dragon2k3 New Member

plugin does not show up in the dev9 plugin selector. (yes I extracted it to the plugins folder and restarted it)

RUnning stable version on Ubuntu 10.04. Would love to get this going and see if I can connect online with the netflix disc.
  7. Luigi__

Luigi__ Formerly NHervé Emu Author

This plugin doesn't support Ethernet anyway so don't bother. IIRC at some point the PCSX2 team was able to play online with a DEV9 plugin of theirs, perhaps they still have that...

I should probably modify the first post. It does say that Ethernet isn't supported, but not explicitly.
  8. diago

diago New Member

Quick question for you.

I have it all working very nicely. The HD is viewable and writable within HDLoader and even the HDD Utility Disc can see and write to it, however; I am having a few issues. First, though not highly important, the BIOS doesn't list the HD in it's browser. Secondly, my CodeBreaker disk doesn't see any HD. Third, WinHiip is unable to find the HD. It wants me to select full disks only, not images. I have even tried to mount the image as a drive and it still wouldn't see it or even list it (WinHiip only shows me Drive0-5).

What I am trying to use this plugin for, is to put CodeBreaker Day1 *.cbc files onto the HD so CodeBreaker can install them (I know all about pnach files, but some codes don't work with it). Is there something I am doing wrong?
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  9. Luigi__

Luigi__ Formerly NHervé Emu Author

Uuh it's been a long time, I don't really remember the details of all that. For WinHiip, I think you'd need to get some software that mounts disc images as HDDs.

As for the BIOS, I don't know. From what I remember, it never tries to communicate with the HDD... I'd need to look into all that again. I'm all rusty.
  10. babidy

babidy New Member

Now I load this plugin put it on pcs2 I can see network in Day1 menu in codebreaker,
    how to see usb device in codebreaker, Please write program to usb support pcsx2
  11. Rhejdirogth

Rhejdirogth New Member

I don't understand the purpose of this. Would someone please explain it to me?
  12. Momiji14

Momiji14 New Member

This is a DEV9 plugin to emulate a PS2 hard drive on the PCSX2 emulator.

It's got a few bugs and doesn't support Ethernet, but it's functional.