MegaDev9 plugin !!!

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by Luigi__, Aug 14, 2008.

1. hello84

hello84 New Member

THX for the plugin
  2. Luigi__

Luigi__ Formerly NHervé Emu Author

glad to hear it.

I'll try to get the BIOS to recognize the HDD. So the PS2 navigator can explore the HDD ?
  3. taltamir

taltamir New Member

is it possible, or will it be possible, to resize the HDD image (or transfer its data to a new image)? or should i just go wild and allocate a ton of space?
  4. DT-170x

DT-170x New Member

If you are a NOOB Read all the instruction before posting silly remarks....

Other wise you will damage you computer and it all your fault.
  5. Luigi__

If you resize the HDD image, you won't damage your computer, but the plugin may not work.
  6. Kein

Kein Advanced Winblows user

Is There planned support for SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200 bios? My PCSX2 0.9.5 won't work with any other BIOS (crashes), even with dumped by my own hands (5xxxx).
  7. Luigi__

Nope. This isn't related to the plugin or PCSX2. If you've read the first post, you should know that the only PS2 models that have a DEV9 bay are SCPH-3XXXX and SCPH-5XXXX. Older models (with a PCMCIA port instead of DEV9) and slim models (no DEV9 bay) don't have HDD support, so their BIOSes don't have any HDD managing funcs. Hence, for example, HDLoader always asking for formatting with slim PS2 BIOSes.

EDIT : don't use the PCSX2 0.9.5. This is a SVN version and it's not stable. Use rather the version 0.9.4.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  8. taltamir

taltamir New Member

There is nothing newbish about asking if the there are plans on making the HDD image resizable or being able to transfer its data to a new image you create. Allocating 127GB right off the bat is wasteful, but running out of space would have to suck.

Reading the documentation would not help you figure out if there is a third party tool for resizing the image safely, or if there are PLANS to add built in dynamic image sizes later.

Also it can not damage your computer, at worst the image will not work and your data will be lost. Which is a good reason to make a backup and play with it instead of using your only copy.
  9. GiGaHeRz

GiGaHeRz B( o Y o )BS!

NHervé: I was just thinking you could add an option to create the hdd images as sparse files.

Sparse files are a ntfs feature where, if a 64k block of the file has no data, the file system doesn't allocate space for it, and when you try to read those, you get just zeros. The downside is it'll get fragmented easier.

Windows lets you change the file size on creation, so you can create a completely empty file which still has 127gb readable as zeros, and gets allocated on the fly as data gets written.
  10. taltamir

taltamir New Member

that sounds like a very interesting, and nice idea. I am sure there is some tool to defrag a sparse file if needed...
  11. Luigi__

Possible, but I wonder how to do without using DeviceIoControl. This func invloces using CreateFile / ReadFile / WriteFile, and all my attempts to use them resulted in crashes.
  12. entropia76

entropia76 New Member

PS2 hd with megadev9

Can i use my real hd mounted on ps2 with iso alredy inside,with dev9?
  13. Yddrias

Yddrias New Member

Time to revieve this!
    It's great that you managed to code a good working plugin. Although I never gonna use this really but PCSX2 requires a DEV9 plugin to run and crashes somehow with Gigaherz's one... So will there be a chance for you to include an option that "emulates" an hdd.raw file or something? It's not very useful to wait till a 8GB file (which you won't use at all) is created and usess space, just for properly running the emu... But still it works great!
    Well, it's just a suggestion.
    CU
  14. Luigi__

it could be possible, but then the programs that rely on the image size will have problems, that's why the image is zero-filled.
  15. taltamir

taltamir New Member

thats odd, did you try re downloading the null driver? how about an older version of it? i would say it would be simpler to solve your specific issue here, I have never heard of a case of the null driver not working.
  16. Luigi__

The null driver not working !!! XD LOL !!! :rotflmao:

Please don't try to make me die from excessive laughing.

Plus, he talked about Gigaherz's plugin, not the null one. Where did you heard of a null plugin ?
  17. taltamir

taltamir New Member

I thought it was the "gigahertz null driver"... Anyways, same thing applies though, rahter than modifying the HDD+USB driver to use an empty HDD to save space, it makes more sense to fix/help him solve the USB only driver issue he has. Assuming you are someone who is inclined to fixing his problem that is.
  18. khiero

khiero New Member

thankes mon amis
  19. Luigi__

You're welcome :)
  20. Lighto

Lighto New Member

[deleted]
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009