Megaman Legends 2....and any Video Files on CD-ROM or ISO?

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by videogameman, Nov 1, 2009.

1. videogameman

videogameman New Member

Well, it has been some time since i last did any thing on Emuforums.com....but now i am back for another swing. I have been looking all over the place for this "Issue" that i am having...and i have had NO success with solving it. Here's the roadblock that i have run into: Is there even any Video clips (AKA .str) files on the Megaman Legends 2 discs? All i can find are the audio files (AKA .xa files)...but no video (i have not checked the Megaman Legends 1 disc though), Why is that? From what i have found is that when you are looking a the "Root" director of the game disc (or ISO...in my case the Disc) are these folders: COMMON, DAT AND XA. Well from what you can already guess...the XA Folder contains the, can you guess? IF you guessed Audio files...THEN YOUR RIGHT! But then again that's a given. Anyways...the DAT folder contains ALOT OF .bin files. and that's it for that folder. Can you guess what's in the "COMMON" folder? Well...There are just a whole bunch more of .bin files....NOOOOO. So here's the thing: When Sony made Megaman Legend 2 did they "Encrypt" the disc files so that they could not be used for any other use (excluding the audio files)? Could they have possibly gone and formatted them into a .bin file? OR...did they just go right ahead and build the video files into the game files them selves?
    I really don't know....But i hope we can solve this Mystery Scooby Doo! Scooby Doo...where are you?

Anyways, if anyone has an answer to all this "Nonsense" then please write (or type) a post telling world....what exactly Sony did when they made the Megaman Legends 2 disc.
    Thanks

Videogameman
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. lagunareturns

lagunareturns Active Member

well i hae to call you a dummy, have you actually played the game? I say you are a dummy and think you havent played the game because you dont seem to realise the game doesnt use video for cutscenes, its rendered ingame using the actual game engine hence why you can find a huge bunch of audio files and no video files.

thats one of the reasons i loved megaman legend series and the threads of fate game, it uses no video at all, its all rendered in game, by the way thats why i hate star wars force unleashed on pc its just cuts unexpectly to video, meaning no smooth transistion... you would think after batman arkham asylum they will fix this but no it just shows how bad the devs are
  4. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

don't call people dummies, as you are one.
  5. videogameman

videogameman New Member

Ha ha ha, lagunareturns you make me laugh at you stupidity. Not every one is as immature as you are. I MEAN, COME ON! All i asked was a legit and reasonable question...and you answer as a complete rude person. I did not create the topic so that we argue over stupid petty matters...but to figure out and solve how to extract video files from Megaman Legends 2 (and maybe Megaman Legends 1). Now, can someone with a better attitude answer my question? Can you extract video clips from Megaman Legends using PsxMC or some other program?
  6. masta.g.86

masta.g.86 No sir, I don't like it. Award Winner!

Those aren't video clips.

You will need to use a video capture program like Fraps or Camtasia to record the sequences in real time.
  7. videogameman

videogameman New Member

Thank you for your kind and truthful answer! I will try using Fraps...or Hypercam when playing MML2 or MML1

Thanks again

Videogameman