Megaman legends sound problems

Discussion in 'pSX Discussion' started by silent_ninji, Feb 3, 2007.

1. silent_ninji

silent_ninji New Member

there are no voices in any of the scenes anyone know how to fix this
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz <font color="#FFFF00">A Blast from the Past... Junior Contributor

Erm.
    Switch to ePSXe?
  4. Gamesoul Master

Gamesoul Master pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy

Umm... there hasn't been any reported problems with the game... it's supposedly completely compatible with pSX... maybe you could try v1.5, because that was the last reported version to work 100% with the game. If possible, could you give more information about your situation (the game's region, the BIOS you're using, whether you're using an original disc or an image, and what kind of image if it's an image, etc).
  5. Fuzzums

Fuzzums New Member

I use ePSXe and I'm having the same problem, the sounds of the game work fine, but the voice acting and all sound in cut scenes are absent.

I'm using OPENGL2 and a 1001 BIOS, my game is NTSC and i'm running it off the CD

I'm afraid OPENGL2 may not fully compatibal with MML?
  6. Gamesoul Master

@Fuzzums: I'm pretty sure that a graphic-display engine can't be compatible or incompatible with a game within an emulator. So you're safe on that. Under sound configuration, do you have all three of the first three options checked (Sound, CDDA Sound, and XA Sound)? And have you tried checking/unchecking the fourth option? Playing with the sound plugin options is the key here.

It's been reported here and there that the game will not play properly from disk, and that it needs to be either directly loaded or mounted to a virtual drive. Not everybody has had that problem, but those who did reported similar problems with audio loss.
  7. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

8. Gamesoul Master

@hushypushy: It's not the first game, but close enough (since the same problems have been reported for both games at the same time).

This problem really is annoying. Especially since nowhere has seemed to solve it for *any* emulator. The only partially effective solutions were what I already mentioned, and that doesn't work too often anyway. Especially annoying is that some people have had *no* problems with this game, while others (as seen here) are having problems. I have no idea what could cause that.
  9. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

Oh, oops, that's my bad. I saw "Megaman Legends" and my brain flashed back to all the threads of bad memories that no one was able to solve :(

Does pSX author have anything to say about this? I have no idea what could cause a problem like that...the only people who I'd think would have the idea would be emu authors--people who know a lot about the innerworkings of a game, and what sort of things break what other things.
  10. RedLion

RedLion Molded to be a winner.

Yeah but emu authors are so rare in forums....
  11. Gamesoul Master

Sadly, pSX Author hasn't said anything about this problem, though it's been a recurring problem for most of pSX's life. But since this problem is not specific to one game alone, all we can hope for is that in a future release, pSX Author manages to fix the problem (to fix the affected games).
  12. FireHawx

FireHawx New Member

i'm having the same EXACT problem with the voices.
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  13. lagunareturns

lagunareturns Active Member

yeh same as another pirate posting the same issue which is because he ended up downloading a ripped version or a corrupted version, the real solution is buy the game then make an iso
  14. Gamesoul Master

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if it really was just a case of a rampant bad rip that everybody's talking about.
  15. JeremyB

JeremyB New Member

Found a solution

It seems the speech from cutscenes, etc. is linked to the progress of the game. It plays a bit of sound at each frame. So if the game is running too fast, it messes with the sound, and if it is running really too fast it seems to skip some sound bites entirely. This is why limiting the framerate helps.

Generally, there's never reason to use more than 100 fps, since your monitor likely can't render that fast, and 60 is considered the minimum to not appear choppy. I believe the psx ran 60, and sure enough, setting to 60fps fixed the sound in the cutscenes in megaman legends, and improved the sound quality in final fantasy tactics on my machine.
  16. Blue Thunder 25

Blue Thunder 25 Newbie

The game is perfectly fine in EPSXE, there's no such thing as broken audio in the game
    in my end , I used Eternal SPU as my sound plugin and an ISO ripped from my very own copy of the game, no issues encountered at all. (Whoopsiee! forgot that this is the PSX section) anyway, just use EPSXE for this game and rip your very own legit copy so you
    won't run in any problems.