MegaPad Plugin !!!

Discussion in 'PS2 Plugin Questions & Plugin Troubleshooting' started by Luigi__, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Harleking

Harleking New Member

When u use the Xbox pad without xinput would mean that vibration won't work or am I wrong?
  2. Luigi__

Luigi__ Formerly NHervé Emu Author

I don't know if Xbox pad will be supported in version 1.4.0. If not, it'll be for next versions. I'm entirely rewriting MegaPad, the Windows version will use DirectInput and the Linux version will use SDL. I think I'll include my own module for force feedback under Linux, as I've noticed I can access the device identifier through the SDL joystick struct.

EDIT : For Linux I won't use SDL. I'll use my own module.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  3. Luigi__

Hi.

I've 2 questions about force feedback, that I've difficulties to solve.

1 - I don't know if all PC controllers have same force feedback, and if the DirectInput force units give the same force on every joystick. I only have one joystick with force feedback.

2 - I've read that the DualShock II controllers have 6 force feedback channels, but I don't know if all the effects are applied at the same time, or one effect is applied, then another... I think all effects are applied at the same time, so I'll do this in Megapad, unless somebody proves that it's wrong.
  4. Hiritsuki

Hiritsuki New Member

Hi.

When I use PCSX2 start with MegaPad 1.3.3
    and then PCSX2 will be error.

What's Happened?
  5. satanic666

satanic666 -o-

This forum didn't support betas version. Pretty sure you are using 0.95. :lol:
    Or you will be wait 1.4.0. See his announcement.
  6. Hiritsuki

Hiritsuki New Member

Oh...that is how it is...

I think will wait 1.4.0 ^^"

Thanks
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  7. rawr9i6

rawr9i6 New Member

Ok so i downloaded 1.3.2 it hink thats what its called. And when i try to map my buttons it says like right when i click on it it changes to Num 3. Because others dont work i try to use analog stick for KH2 final mix but they dont work and my controller doesnt respond. So i used megapad 1.3.2 and I cant even map anything before i could on SSX but now it changes it to num 3 instantly.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  8. Firgof

Firgof New Member

I'm getting a serious error when I start up any Ace Combat game (haven't tried any others yet). The error is:

"Serious error: Failed to get handle to GS window. Input detection depends on it! Error: 87"
    I assume this is why I can't get pcsx2 to recognize my controller, huh? :p

Additionally, after this error I get a "Error Opening PAD1 Plugin" error; regardless of what controller plugin I use. I assume this is what is causing LilyPad to fail as well.

The above problem vaporizes in Playground (I know, I know. Unsupported -- I'm just trying to get the most complete picture of my situation up here) and the error messages don't occur there ... however I have no input in Playground using MegaPad (or any other controller plugin) either. Assigning all keys, choosing the plugin directory again, unplugging and replugging the controller in, binding start to keyboard keys (f and g) and such do not work (again, for every plugin. and no, directX has no issues with the controller and yes, it does show up as it should where it should (game controllers, dxdiag, device manager, et cetera)).

Inside PCSX2, I can open up the controller with other plugins (such as LilyPad) I can check and all of the controller's raw input is there and responding as it should.

In essence: Everything seems to be working but it doesn't work in Playground and nothing works at all when in 0.9.4 (even the CDVD plugins fail to load properly).

What can I do?

The hardware I'm using for input is a Logitech Dual Action USB.
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ (2.81GHz)
    RAM: 2x1GB G.Skill
    GPU: nVidia GeForce 9800 GSO (768 MB)
    Emu: PCSX2 v0.9.4
    EmuGPU: ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.0
    EmuSPU: P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0
    EmuCDVD: CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0
    EmuP1: MegaPad Plugin 1.3.3
    EmuP2: MegaPad Plugin 1.3.3
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  9. Luigi__

I know! I know! The old versions are so damn buggy. Look at their sources, they're horribly coded, really.
    I would like to rewrite MegaPad, but I love working on DeSmuME and I can hardly find the motivation to work on MegaPad, so don't hold your breath. However, the new PCSX2 0.9.6 motivates me to make this new MegaPad.
  10. Luigi__

It has been freaking long since the last version. But the rewrite of MegaPad is in progress. I already have all the stuff needed for input. I just have to code the force feedback.
    However, once the force feedback support is coded, MegaPad 2.0.0 is out! For Windows only, alas. But MegaPad 2.0.1 should be for both Windows and Linux.

I want to keep as much surprise as I can, but however I may tell you a few things:
    - MegaPad will be completely rewritten, because it's freaking horribly coded.
    - SDL will be dropped, the new version will use DirectInput, because I wanted to implement force feedback, which isn't supported by SDL.

EDIT: I finally decided to release a beta. Enjoy :)
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  11. satanic666

satanic666 -o-

It can't use keyboard numpad.
  12. Luigi__

Yeah. I don't know what causes this bug.

EDIT: I found the faulty line.
    Code:
    if((i >= DIK_F1) && (i <= DIK_F12)) continue;

This line is meant to prevent the use of hotkeys; however the DirectInput values for the numpad keys are within DIK_F1 and DIK_F12.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  13. Luigi__

Go to hell you stupid lifeless spammer!!!

When I received the email about the new post in this thread, I thought "wow! I'm getting feedback about MegaPad!", but no, I was wrong. It was just a stupid spam post. People don't give any feedback about it and it seems some of them are still downloading version 1.3.3.

Despite the captcha test it seems the spammer can still register. So he's actually an human? He must have no life to spend all his time spamming this forum.
  14. HeadCrash

HeadCrash Sion Barzahd

I wanted to test this out, because i read that MegaPad can also detect pressure sensitive buttons like Triangle, Square, Circle and Cross.

(although if im wrong, then correct me of course.)

is it possible? because ive just hooked up my PS3 controller to my PC and i'd like to be able to use the pressure sensitive buttons.

thanks
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  15. Luigi__

I think your PS3 joystick should work with MegaPad. This including pressure buttons.
  16. wton

wton New Member

17. pokipoki08

pokipoki08 New Member

Where can I download MegaPad for Linux?

Thanks.
  18. Therenion

Therenion New Member

Hello

I am french so forgive all my mistake ^_^
    I have downloaded the last version of your plugin (2.0 beta)
    my problem : I can configure my pad (ps3, compatible with xp/vista) but it don't work, I can't play T_T
    Can you explain me what to do ?

thank you
  19. igrewold

igrewold New Member

Dude thanx but got a lil Q!

Why does version 1.3.3 keep crashing PCSX2 0.9.6 ?
  20. Luigi__

/me bashes his head against his keyboard
    /me gets a new keyboard

1.) MEGAPAD FOR LINUX ISN'T OUT YET
    AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL EVER BE

2.) I suggest you try another pad plugin. That may be your game not liking MegaPad.

3.) THE LATEST VERSION IS 2.0.0 BETA
    THE OLDER VERSIONS ARE UNSUPPORTED BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAP

Sigh... why are people still downloading 1.3.3 even though I have removed all the old versions from the first post? I just don't get it.