Memory Card Converter .max to .ps2

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by zalmancooled, Jul 27, 2008.

1. zalmancooled

zalmancooled PCSX2 Gamer & OCN Member

I need a memory card converter. I have found converters for .ps2 to psu, xps, etc. Ive tried mymmc and memor32 (not working with vista for .ps2) those programs are not what I need. I am trying to convert a the other way around from a .max file into a .ps2 file is there something i can use to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to retrieve my created wrestlers from my save data.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. CheatMaster

CheatMaster Active Member

Mymc supports importing max,cbs,psu,sps and xps formats to pcsx2 memory card or exporting from pcsx2 memory card to psu or max format.
  4. zalmancooled

What am I doing wrong it wont work it only offers export to psu or or xps not .ps2 how do I convert from xps to ps2
  5. CheatMaster

oO You want to put a save into pcsx2 memory card(.ps2) or take out a save from pcsx2 memory card(.ps2) to max format?

It can export saves from pcsx2 memory card(pcsx2 memory card is .ps2 format)to psu or max format and can import max,cbs,psu,sps and xps formats to pcsx2 memory card.

By saying that you want to export a save from .ps2(pcsx2 memory card) to .ps2(pcsx2 memory card) oO

Clearly you misunderstand something or doing something wrong.Also are you using the newest version of mymc
  6. zalmancooled

I apologize. I use to know how to do it but its been a while yes Im trying put a save into pcsx2 memory card(.ps2). I have a .max file it needs to be .ps2 format. Im using the beta mymc on vistax32
  7. CheatMaster

.ps2 is the format for the whole pcsx2 memory card you don't need to convert the .max to .ps2 because there isn't any save format with .ps2 extension.When you put the save into pcsx2 or real ps2 memory card the max save format becames a normal folder with files inside it.

Just do this simple thing...open mymc and when the window pop up asking to select the ps2 file format(it's asking you to select your pcsx2 memory card not save with .ps2 extension converted from .max or any other supported format)choose your memory card,then go to File=>Import and choose you .max save,and in that way the save will be imported into your pcsx2(.ps2)memory card
  8. zalmancooled

ok then i was doing it right i guess the difference is the save file. I was using a BESLES file instead of a BASLUS. NTSC save game file vs PAL game. I suppose this means I am using a save game from the wrong region? Am i correct in this statement? thank you for all your help.
  9. CheatMaster

Yes BASLUS is for NTSC version
  10. ryuichi

ryuichi New Member

I have been putting the save file on my virtual Pcsx2 memory card, and I still can't load the save file when i open FFX. I've tried importing all 4 formats, and my game won't find any save files on my memory card. What's going wrong?
  11. CheatMaster

Maybe you're using save for wrong version of the game(the PAL version is not only one)
    There are 5 different European versions,one USA version and 2 Japanese versions of FFX
  12. ryuichi

ryuichi New Member

I ripped the ISO from my own version of the game after myPS2 stopped working, it's a PAL version of the game. Is BASLUS not the right save file to use? If not, where could I get a PAL save file for FFX?
  13. CheatMaster

BASLUS is USA NTSC not PAL...open the disk and you'll see a file with name starting with SL or SC and some digits...what's the full name of that file
  14. ryuichi

ryuichi New Member

Sces_504.90

This is the only file i could find to match your description
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  15. CheatMaster

You have the UK version of the game.When you download a save look first if the name is the same BASCES_504.90.Use the PS2 Save Builder for that
  16. ryuichi

ryuichi New Member

Thanks, you're a legend
  17. TLIXX

TLIXX Guest

You can edit the patch file (A39517AB) of your ffx and uncomment the line
    Code:
    //Use (U) gamesaves [SLUS 20312]
    //patch=0,EE,00241434,word,24a56e60
    to
    Code:
    //Use (U) gamesaves [SLUS 20312]
    patch=0,EE,00241434,word,24a56e60
    Dunno if this works since I don't have the uk version. The patch works with the German version though.
  18. evan praxis

evan praxis New Member

I got a save

Cheat you mind converting a .cbs save to .psv for me?? if so here it is

If u cannot can u convert a .max save to a .psv if so here is the .max and .cbs

Thanks in advance dude!

Nevermind .cbs and .max files cannot be added

But here is the link from GameFAQS
    Monster Hunter Save Game Files for PlayStation 2 - GameFAQs

it is the first .cbs save and the first .max save for NORTH AMERICA

Thanks again I have been searching for someone to convert these for SO long

Oh and if u can just convert them to .ps2 saves that is fine, cause i have a Memory Card Adapter so whatever works for you!
  19. Redactoro

Redactoro New Member

can anyone PLEASE help me!!! I've been trying to make this work for hours!!!
    I'm trying to make the codebreaker save file I attached work on pcsx2...can someone tell me what i need to do. And btw the game im playing only works with v.0.97 (r3113), so ulaunchELF doesnt work with it...
  20. CheatMaster

Since you are using 0.97,you must extract that card and put it into your memcards folder(overwriting your old card or just use mymc to import that save into your memory card)
  21. Redactoro

Redactoro New Member

Thank u so much :)