Memory card issue

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by koygi, Jun 14, 2017.

1. koygi

koygi New Member

I am currently trying to move from shared memory cards to individual memory cards. My issue is that for some reason it does not save the game after I close off ePSXe. Checking the memory card directory on ePSXe just shows "memcards\games\game name". I can not seem to even find that folder on my PC at all. Also my old directory used to be on my home network.

I am using 2.0.5 ePSXe. Games run fine other wise, and save normally if I use shared memory cards.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Make sure that ePSXe folder and nay folder inside isn't read only, are you suing a BIOS file?
    Switch to individual memory cards, start a game and see if ePSXe created memory cards in the folder, epsxe/memcards/games.
    If not the ePSXe has issues writing to that folder.
  4. koygi

koygi New Member

Im using scp1001 bios. No file was written to "\\THEMFSERVER\Games\Emulators\EPSXe\memcards/" an Epsxe keeps trying to change location to "memcards/games/". Checking write permission of both "\\THEMFSERVER\Games\Emulators\EPSXe\memcards" and "Desktop\Emulators\EPSXe\memcards" (main ePSXe location). Neither one of them gets anything written to, and are the only ones I can think of where ePSXe is trying to write them to.
  5. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz Is this thing on? Junior Contributor

This is a first I heard someone writes over the network. I suggest saving it to a local location, ensuring you run ePSXe with administrative rights. I believe ePSXe will only write when you save your game.
  6. koygi

koygi New Member

I have mutiple computers that I play my emulators on and have the save paths to them over the network. Even when switched to local save it doesn't work. If I just use shared memory card, it works fine. I just already have 4 memory cards and i use Launch Box to open my emulators so its a pain to switch memory cards.
  7. FoxSevent

FoxSevent Not a Registered User

Again this has to be windows/server issue, ePSXe never had issues with individual memory cards.
    One thing i noticed, you mentioned that ePSXe keeps trying to change location to epsxe/memcards/games.
    That it is correct, try making that folder and ensure write privileged are enabled.
    Individual memory cards are stored in epsxe/memcards/games/ and are named after game ID, like SCED_034.08-00 for SLOT 1 and SCED_034.08-01 fort SLOT 2.
    ePSXe will create two files/memory cards per game.