Memory Card not formatted while loading a save on FF8

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by ff8fan, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ff8fan

ff8fan New Member

So I've been playing FF8 with no problems. I play the game, and the save is fine. Now when I try to load the the save I have on my memory card, it says "not formatted". Now i'm extremely stressed because I spent hours playing that game and now it seems like my save is lost. Is there a way I could fix the memory card or recover my save?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. laserjohn

laserjohn Aim 4 the stars...

Are you starting from a saved state just before you attempt to load the game, by any chance? If so, try loading the usual way; start the game without using any saved states, and then attempt to load it from the memory card.
  4. ff8fan

ff8fan New Member

Okay I just tried this. I loaded from the save state which was an earlier part of the game. I saved the game on memory card 2 and it says there was no saved data on memory card 1. I tried to load the game on memory 1 afterwards and it still says not formatted. This actually brought me joy as it's easier to play from here than the beginning.
  5. laserjohn

Listen, when you attempt to load the game from the memory card, make sure that you arrive at the main menu without using save states to skip the game bootup. (Do you understand what I'm saying?).

If this still fails, then yeah, what you mentioned should work.
  6. ff8fan

ff8fan New Member

Yeah I understand, but i'm gonna make more save states as I don't trust this memory card anymore. I think I lost save because epsxe actually caused my computer to froze. I was switching from window mode to full screen to mode too much.
  7. laserjohn

Okay. Have fun.

Spread goodness and warmth.