Monster Rancher 2 shrine issue

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by black.joker, Mar 17, 2011.

1. black.joker

black.joker New Member

Hello everyone, I was kinda hoping that someone could help me about monster rancher 2. I have both ePSXe 1.7.0 and 1.6 , i could run th disc stone just fine in these emulators but it just always produce the very same monster (Gaboo) all the time. I don't know if I'm just being impatient here or if there's something wrong with my emulators or the game itself? I tried using daemon tools but I'm still not able to get other monsters. Could someone please help? Do I have to use some other cdrom plugin or do I have to change any setting? Any suggestion or tips would be very appreciated. Thank you!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. shalma

shalma Discontinued Emu Author

I think this one's a known issue with almost all emus (epsxe -> pcsx -> psx -> ssspsx).

Out of curiosity, please try this (last post, last edit)
    http://forums.ngemu.com/psx-plugin-...1-peops-dsound-1-09-repair-8.html#post1952223

It's a epsxe 1.7.0 updater that fixes several bothersome bugs with the emu. Hopefully it fixes the Monster Rancher disc swap problem.

If it fails, could you also try this:
    PCSX Reloaded SVN r64536 - EmuCR

If that works, then there's a chance a fix could be ported to ePSXe before 1.8.0 comes out

Otherwise, I'd be kinda interested in checking it out and see what's wrong emulation-wise.

edit:
    Interesting read
    Answers.com - How come when you use the shrine in monster rancher 2 using epsxe it always generates the same monster no matter what iso file you use

Should be solved. :lol:

edit2:
    Had someone test this game on regular ePSXe 1.7.0 using SaPu cdrom.

1- When switch disc, change virtual drive disc
    2- Hit emu -> switch cdrom -> ok
    3- Hit 'x'
    4- When switch disc, change virtual drive disc
    5- Hit emu -> switch cdrom -> ok
    6- Hit 'x'
    7- Different monsters every time

PCSX-reloaded is okay.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  4. black.joker

black.joker New Member

Thank you very much shalma! I didn't know how to use your first suggestion so I proceeded to the next one. That made me able to produce other monster but the problem is it doesn't have sounds. Then, I tried your fourth suggestion and using SaPu cdrom works perfectly for me. I'm able to generate different monsters now. Thank you very much for your help shalma! :D :D
  5. shalma

Thanks for letting everyone know how it turned out. :)

Turns out that suggestion #1 produces a crash. :oops:
    - You go into the '___newest' folder
    - Copy everything in the bin folder to your ePSXe folder
    - Run ePSXe_shark

But that's a moot point. ;)
  6. vjvjugz

vjvjugz New Member

hi! sorry but even the SaPu cdplugin doesn't work for me. :(.

When i was using 1.6.0, gaboos came out, when i transferred to 1.7.0, its telling me i was using the monster rancher 2 cd, but i was sure that the Sapu cdrom was using my F: drive (or my real cd reader), I don't understand whats happening anymore :(.

PS: My MR2 is an ISO file and the ones I use for shrines are cds. is this a problem? Pls reply asap :(
  7. vjvjugz

vjvjugz New Member

Ok, I think i've tried eeeverything already.

I tried epsxe 1.6, 1.7, PCSX, and PSXeven!

I've tried all the possible cdr plugins and STILL, nothing works.

in PSXeven, when i switch to my cdrom, the game shows "Checking the CD now" for like forever!

in PCSX, there really isnt any cd swap feature, just an iso swap, which honestly sucks.

Help please? I really really realyl really dont know what to do anymore.

My MR2 is an ISO file since my cd already broke, and im using an audio cd for the disc swap. Please help :(. Im using windows 7 btw.
  8. shalma

You get 2 options
    - (legal?) Burn your backup copy to physical disc again. Then use 'run cdrom' only. Then you can use the audio disc (cd swap feature)

- Make a 'mini-rip' or 'full rip' of your audio cds and use 'run iso'. Mini-rip means rip ~50-100MB and stop. The game only checks x amount of data (--I think--, not positive).
  9. vjvjugz

vjvjugz New Member

so does that mean the problem is really because of the iso-cdrom swap? :(

Oh, and i've tried using ePSXe 1.5.2, and looking at the DOS part (the black thing that opens up haha) it tells me that i get an "info track error" when it reads the swapped cd (which is read through cdrom). so many errors :(
  10. shalma

Yeah. You can't do a cdrom + iso swap combination in any plugin emulator (pSX might work).

For run iso, you'll need ePSXe_shark + ePSXe 1.7.0
    For run cdrom, it's suggested you use 170 + SaPu
    - You can probably get away with a Daemon Tools virtual drive

Otherwise, I can't be of more help.
  11. vjvjugz

vjvjugz New Member

aw crap.

I'm having troubles with my CD drive coz it can't burn/make an ISO file like my old computer did, even CloneCD doesn't work >.<, thats why Daemon won't work as well. Hay, thanks anyways :(
  12. Infretaeil

Infretaeil New Member

13. vjvjugz

vjvjugz New Member

14. sportzryan

sportzryan New Member

New Monsther Rancher 2 Emulator Shrine problem

OK this is a new twist on this question, but after having to play on the emulator (eSPXe) because of lack of playstation functioning.. I found a new issue.

I have figured out how to get the shrine to work properly, which is GREAT!

BUT!

Now I have unlocked a few monsters (the first 4, mew, henger, gali, and i f orget the other?) and then phoenix... and golem/baku after the house upgrade. and for some reason the shrine guy still tells me I am unauthorized to produce those monsters from cd's. like the unlocking hasn't worked or something. has ANYONE experienced this before??
  15. vjvjugz

vjvjugz New Member

Do you know what exact monster's supposed to come out from the file/cd you're using? Also, does other cd/files work? Like does a suezo come out sometimes?

If a suezo does come out, but none of the others do, that means your cd/file swapping is working, but unfortunately, it could be a game error. :|. Could be because its a pirated CD/ISO file.
  16. sportzryan

sportzryan New Member

Yeah a game error it what I was afraid of :(

Yeah I know what monster was supposed to come out because I looked at a CD List, and some others (like a hopper)would come out as expected, but all of the hengers or galis or whatever else, stay "unauthorized". sighhhh