My No$GBA Emulator is running so slow!

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by nydevil, Aug 6, 2008.

1. nydevil

nydevil New Member

Alright, I'll show my Computer's stuff.

Vista Home premium
    Manufacturer: Toshiba
    Model: Notebook
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 1.90GHZ
    Memory (RAM): 1918MB (almost 2gb)
    System type: 32-bit Operating System
    Hard drive space: 105GB free of 179GB
    Video Graphic Card: ATI Radeon X1200

Wouldn't this be enough for my computer to handle NO$GBA

I use to play gameboy advance emulators and n64 and others, until I found out DS is much more better and efficient, and well new.

Anyone knowing if my computer's the problem?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. klader

klader New Member

no$gba doesn't support dual core yet
  4. nydevil

nydevil New Member

Oh, damn.
    I remember reading that.
    Isn't there a way to fix it?

I guess if there isn't I'll just have to run this No$gba on my desktop computer, only problem is it's full of viruses.. and not much use with that hah.
  5. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Your specs, even considering the "missing" dual-core support, offer the best performance you'll get out of the current version of No$GBA. A bunch of games already run at 100%, and those that aren't still manage an enjoyable framerate most of the time. Know that this is as good as it'll get for now.
  6. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

Go read the sticky FAQ thread here on how to speed up no$gba. If that doesn't work, then you have to wait for speed improvement in future release of this emu.
  7. Mynemisbat-Zul

Mynemisbat-Zul TheT2R

It depends on the game sometimes.The Games with high 3d are usual to be slow.
    DS emulation was still new though.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  8. Buuhan1

Buuhan1 New Member

Yeah, my computer is a piece of crude but I can run most 2D games just fine. But the 3D ones are a different matter. They tend to only go about 60-70%, like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. (Tho Joker actually runs faster (and the cutscenes are perfect) than Avatar despite being fully 3D; where as Avatar only the environment is 3D.)

With games like that I turn up to Unlimited Disaster 10% and it works better. Tho that doesn't work for all games (like Joker runs almost exactly the same). I have a question regarding the Unlimited Disaster settings, the name kinda worries me. Playing on that setting wouldn't cause any harm to my computer, right? Is it just called "Disaster" cause it's fast and most would find playing a game fast to be "disastrous"?
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  9. Tr4cker

Tr4cker New Member

Okay, do you have an estimation on when it will? That could really help me out. Quad-Core support will be even better, btw.
  10. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Well...multi-core optimisations can only be added when the author himself gets either a dual-core or quad-core PC...so as things stand...never.
  11. nydevil

nydevil New Member

Well, thanks for everyone's support.

I suppose I'll just stick with Gameboy Advance, as I do believe the DS Emulator will update soon enough, I'm in no rush personally.

Or i'll buy myself more DS games if it's not here by Christmas time, haha.

The only thing I don't understand is when i'm playing Gameboy advanced games it goes up to 100+

But when i'm playing DS games it only goes up to 36 - 68.
  12. shashClp

shashClp Emu author Emu Author

nydevil: DS is up to 6 times more powerful than the GBA on the CPU side alone, not to mention the 3D core, the enhanced 2D core, etc. It's way HARDER to emulate.
  13. Mysoft

Mysoft New Member

heh i can run GBA games at 100% speed even on a 233mhz machine, at least with no$gba... that is the fastest emulator. (VBA = 80% max)
  14. Hiei-YYH

Hiei-YYH THE Hentai M@ster

yeah, but vba emulates all games almost perfectly while no$gba don't.
  15. Bringdapain93

Bringdapain93 New Member

ok

I know this might be irrelevant but, I know if you go into the task manager on my pc, (mine runs XP media center 2005) if you right click a certain process, you can 'Set Affinity...' and choose which processor you want that process to run on if you have a multi-core processor.:thumb: