need help choosing right laptop for null dc

Discussion in 'nullDC Discussion' started by bazthesonicfan1, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bazthesonicfan1

bazthesonicfan1 New Member

hi there,

i have a desktop computer that has 2.4ghz intel quad proccessor and a nvidia geforce 8600 GT graphics card

with these specs iam able to run dreamcast with 2048-4000 or so buffer rate with video fps running well at around 45-50fps, so i'm having no problems there, everything is playable but would really like to know how to speed that up to 60fps if it's possible

and the laptop i have now has a 15.4" screen with 1.46ghz intel celeron processor with an intel gma 950 graphics card

and with these specs no matter what sound buffer is from 800-4000 (not sure what exact numbers are looking away from emulator) the frame rate is terrible, is unplayable and sound is awful and slow

what i would like help with is this, i'm looking for a new laptop which can match or even do better than what my desktop computer can, and i want something a little smaller than what i have which i would like to get a 13" - 11" size laptop, i have seen certain 13" laptops with 2.0ghz speeds but not sure if it's gonna cut the dreamcast emulation as i have tried this emulator on my friend's 1.8ghz laptop, can someone tell me if a 2.0ghz or 2.2 ghz laptop could handle dreamast (null dc) emulation? also i have no idea how graphics cards affects emulation qualtiy

i would really appreciate anyones help, if someone could also reccomend a specific laptop for my requirements that would be fantastic, and if any more information is needed in order to help me, please reply

thanks very much! from baz :)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Devil Master

Devil Master New Member

The bottleneck on your laptop is the Intel video card. If you want to buy a new laptop, make sure it has an nVidia or ATI video card.
  4. SnoochyBoochies

SnoochyBoochies New Member

First of all are you using the NullDC 1.6? Are you using nullACIA sound plugin? if so have you got "Sync Audio" checked?

About the laptop, i have a dell inspiron 6000, pretty old. ITs got intel pentium M processor 1.73Ghz, 1.0GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X300. Not great atall but i run nulldc peferctly with only graphical glitched caused by the emulator and i have to used a low res coz my graphics cards ****.

If you, or anyone else, wants a cheap laptopor or PC with excellent gaming capabilitys, i reccomend going on the dell website, they choose either notebook or PC, then select "Small Buisness" and choose vostro. Findle around, cumstomizing the specs ypu preffer and i gurentee a low price :thumb: