Need help, ff9, disc 3 won't load

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by pimu, Feb 25, 2006.

1. pimu

pimu New Member

Hi. I'm using ePSXe 1.52 and haven't got a single prob until now. While loading disc 3 the menu pops up and so on. But when loading my save the screen goes black. The game just won't load!!! Anyone who knows how to fix this, or is it just wrong on the img-file? Feels like I've tried everything already but I don't want to give up the game just yet.. please please help me!!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

It could be that your img file is corrupted, try to rebuild Iso and see if that works.
  4. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

Disc read problems?
    does this happen only with the image or even with the disc inserted?

what CDR plugin are you using?

- for CD's better use PEOPS CDR plugin 1.4 with additional 4mb cache activated.

- for reading from images, you'd be better off trying Mooby's cd disk image plugin 2.8 with new caching enabled and set to a reasonable number.
  5. pimu

pimu New Member

Shendo: yeah, i'll trye to rebuild it.

Hard core Rikki: i'm not sure if it's a disc read problem because i'm able to get to the menu and press 'load game' and so on. But i'm having PEOPS cdr plugin right now so i'll check the mooby's cd disk also before downloading the img again
  6. n_w95482

n_w95482 Gone Contributors

Do you mean download as in putting the original disc in your CD drive and ripping it again (a bad use of the word) or getting it from the Internet?
  7. pimu

pimu New Member

actually i was going to do 'em both
  8. Shendo

Shendo R3000 Moderator

All ISOs from the Internet are junk, people are removing stuff from them just to make the image smaller which can corrupt the game.

If you have the original Cd make an ISO out of it.
  9. n_w95482

n_w95482 Gone Contributors

If you own the game, there's no point at all by downloading an image from the Internet; not to mention it's illegal.
  10. pimu

pimu New Member

true. i'm aware of it, but now it works. must have been the iso