Need help with connecting ps3 gamepad to windows 10

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Ifeoluwarh, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Ifeoluwarh

Ifeoluwarh New Member

Hi guys. I'm having problem connecting my ps3 gamepad to my windows 10 PC. In the image attached below, you will notice that some of the buttons are on green. Here is the problem::I was not pressing any button when I took the picture. The controller is working very well for my ps3. Any help

Attached Files:

2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

4. Ifeoluwarh

Ifeoluwarh New Member

I have tried using motioninjoy and scp server. I'll give that of nefarious a try
  5. Ifeoluwarh

Ifeoluwarh New Member

[quottrsnap, post: 2568457, member: 97258"]I personally use the latest 1.7 beta for SCPToolkit from here

https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/tags

With my DS3 and it works perfectly for me[/quote]
    I've tried nefarious already. Same output
  6. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

Are you sure the controller is working well on the PS3? I had this problem before where my DS3 would press random buttons on its own, fixed by following the steps in this video:

You might wanna try Fireshock drivers before you open up your DS3 though, just to make sure it's not an issue with the Xinput drivers.

Fireshock uses Sony's native drivers (Dinput) and will only work with a USB cable at the moment, it can be downloaded here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FireShock-native-USB-Windows-Driver-for-Sony-DualShock-Controllers
  7. Ifeoluwarh

Ifeoluwarh New Member

Thanks bro. I will try it out
  8. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

If you are going to open up the DS3, BE EXTRA CAREFUL with the L2 R2 Triggers and don't let the spring drop out because they are a pain in the ass to put back. Other than that, everything else is a piece of cake.