NeoRagex not running on windows 7!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Combinu, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Combinu

Combinu New Member

Hi to all, i am new to this forum and if this discussion goes to another section of this forum please feel free to move the topic and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

My problem is that i was using the NeoRagex emulator on windows xp on my previous pc and it worked fine. Now i bought a new pc and i am using windows 7.

I have tried to run neoragex on this new pc and it is not correctly working, but it comes with a scattered screen as shown below:

[​IMG]

Note that i am using the latest neoragex5.2 and i used a mobile phone because when i take a screen shot it comes correct as shown below:

[​IMG]

My PC specs are listed below:

[​IMG]

Can you please help me out because this is thing is getting me crazy...

Thanks & Regards hope you can help me out.
    Combinu
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Its a discontinued and obsolete Neo Geo emulator.

You'll have to choose another emulator.

It never supported Win 7 and the emulator is no longer being developed.
  4. Combinu

Combinu New Member

Do you suggest another emulator that supports windows 7 and which is not command thus meaning to be GUI.

Regards
    Combinu
  5. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

FinalburnAlpha, by far. Essentially Kawaks and MAME done right.
    Dont bother with Neorage, even on old machines and operating systems.

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/
  6. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

If you want an emulator with a GUI, that supports Neo Geo, and is in development, MAMEUI would be your best choice, but you'll have to redump all your Neo Geo ROMS as they've been redumped several times since NeoRageX was last updated.

There may be another emulator, to be honest, with my computer down for the most part of last year, and having a "new" computer, I don't even have a Neo Geo emulator running on my PC at the moment.
  7. ishigum

ishigum New Member

-------------------SOLUTION--------------------
    If you keep loading the app over and over again (Pressing Alt+F4 when the screen stays black) it will eventually load and it will keep loading until you shut your computer off. Be patient you may have to do it up to 30 times but it does work if you have the patience for it. Here's a screen shot I took today. Like I said it takes patience but worth it IMO. I'm running Windows 10 FYI.
    [​IMG]
    I think what's happening is the emulator is loading at a random resolution and it works when it hits a resolution that your system supports. I noticed sometimes when doing my load trick the screen wouldn't go black but would instead say "Not supported". That was my hint that it may be trying out different resolutions.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  8. DinJerr

DinJerr Meow Meow Meow Award Winner!

U necro-ed this 4 year old thread just for that?
    *First disappointment of 2017 already*
  9. Samor

Samor Foundry

Well, it's on topic... even on topic of what this site was meant to be for, kinda...