New Avatar and Sig thread.

Discussion in 'General Pictures & Videos' started by Kane, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Went back to my Majikoi theme, since i still really love it and it was the set that made me feel most comfortable with, but i did felt like doing something else for the sig:

[​IMG]

The avatar you probably remember it :p:

[​IMG]
  2. Radix865

Radix865 Well-Known Member

Well, after a long time decided to change my avatar. It's Ruru from Musaigen No Phantom World, and definitely my favorite character. Not obvious from the avatar pic but she's a fairy(I guess?), tiny anyways.

[​IMG]
  3. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

since Majikoi A-5 is out I decided to rip the sprites and overlay the smiling margit face on top of the base sprite
  4. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Looking good Yelo.
  5. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

Not an avatar or sig, but here's a mockup of my business cards for my business (phone # blurred :p) I am starting very soon. :) Providing specialized computer technology services, e.g., custom software or highly secure and sophisticated networks for businesses, all the way up to simple malware removal for my community and surrounding cities. The goal is that people will never take their PCs to Best Buy after doing business with me. hehe. Lofty goal yet, but I'm confident. My reputation for being the computer science guy is already in stone, so here's hoping I don't ever have to write code for another POS boss who doesn't know an int from a float again, lord that I'll never have to take over a convoluted, poorly written piece of software with all its 500,000 lines of undocumented code in one main() file, and make it usable again! Haha. If it does go somewhere the corporate logos will go, but they catch the eye and say "hey, computer person" for now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  6. cooliscool

Another version, basically just coming up with ideas at this point.

[​IMG]
  7. Strike105X

^Imho to busy, it needs to be more simple/clean, usally clean designs give more of an professional feel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well finally i came up with a symphogear sig using the resources i had to fit my avatar.... damn this took me a while to think out... given the resources i had to work with...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a better look at the avatar:

[​IMG]
  8. Silenus

@cooliscool yep too busy as strike said.
    Business card should be simple, if you need to give more info to people make a small brochure, like half a page detailing your services.

Also get some help on the fonts and color choices of the business card.
  9. cooliscool

I agree those are far too busy to have as business cards, so I used the wrong term: those aren't exactly business cards, more like, to be posted on bulletin boards and all around the surrounding cities; endowed with flashy colors to catch the eye, to get initial customers. I live in an area where flashy colors and and graphics will win out on a bulletin board over a boring business card for the aspiring business startup. I'm not established yet. Here's the lot of business cards I'm going to be printing out en masse; no company logos, very simple. May add some little geometric things and a company logo and do away with the job list, effects, consolidating it down to contact info, and name/title, but this is pretty much it.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, guys. I'll definitely study the logistics of attracting initial customers and good practices. It's too easy to pander to one's own desires (as if designing a sig image :)) without realizing that potential customers just want your info on hand. I'll bear that fact in mind. Got a whole world to learn about attracting customers! I've always been a disgruntled programmer for someone else and finally just decided to try to go it alone.

[​IMG]
  10. Strike105X

That is to busy as well, i hope you don't take this the wrong way its sort of childish, your using to many colors and font variations... I don't have any worthwhile cards on me... (using one from my old workplace would have been perfect)... You need to use usually max 2 fonts and 2-3 colors, that blend and complement each other. With the usual people it may not be that much of an issue but its not going to work to attract businesses or business men very well. I have a friend who should have a lot of them and hopefully will post some good ones later.
  11. Strike105X

He forgot about the cards >.< ... luckly he did have some on him, while not the best examples, here you go:

A1.jpg A2.jpg B1.jpg B2.jpg C1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: uploaded a video to go with the sig, hope its not taken down :p :

12. cooliscool

Those look great, quite like I'm used to seeing at jobs I've worked at, but if you read my post, you'd see that I mentioned I'm going for colorful and eyepopping at the moment, because the bulletins & places where people look for services in my 3 neighboring cities are very graphic oriented, so as to attract eyes of initial customers, mostly individuals. I'm aware that business cards aren't where you play with graphics; however, I'd rather there be some color and detail than some cards I've seen in the past; but, yes, I'll follow appropriate business card design practices when I make the finals for print. When I (hopefully) reach the point of decent success on my own, I'll have most definitely made professional, sparse business cards. What I've posted are certainly more little flyers than anything, because it's the best way to get a bit of word of mouth going around here. That being said, having good business cards with the flyers when I post them, hand them out, and spread the word, certainly is a good idea too. This is literally day one of going it on my own, and it'll unquestionably be a long, difficult road with plenty of lessons. I'm a programmer, not a businessman, but I suppose if all goes right within the next few years, I'll be both.

Edit: oh, and before I ever hand any cards out, I'll have them approved here first. ;) I definitely value the criticism.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  13. Strike105X

@cooliscool i was talking about the last post the bussines card, i wasn't talking about the ones you said you wanted to put on the buletin board :p. I have to work on a laptop now but i'll try to give it a go as well after i'm done :p.
  14. Strike105X

@cooliscool : Here's a quick doodle, imho for a business card this works better:

carte_vizita.png
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  15. DarkSamus

DarkSamus PC game modder Award Winner!

Updated my sig to reflect my current PC
  16. Strike105X

New avatar and sig, had this idea from overclockers to make a profile for each build i had (each being clickable :p) like the results XD.
  17. Samor

Samor Foundry

Time for an Xmas avatar Strike (and everyone else)! This used to be tradition here, come on guys :p
    Silenus likes this.
  18. Strike105X

Yup, i got them ready, but its not 24 night yet :p.
  19. Silenus

If any of you guys can put a hat a my ava, I'd use it for a couple of days. :p
  20. Strike105X

Attached Files: