New Gekko work-in-progress

Discussion in 'Gekko Discussion' started by ShizZy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ShizZy

ShizZy Emu author Emu Author

Hey - Out of boredom with life, I've been working on Gekko again for the past 6 months or so, if anyone has been perhaps interested but not noticed. I've made some pretty big progress since the GCN dark ages (with dual core and OpenGL support, half-fullspeed with just a pure interpreter). Just thought I'd share some of my progress, as it seems a lot of my work has been pretty isolated from the emu scene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That being said, I really could use a hand with testing (my 1-2 testers are pretty busy as it is)... so if anyone is interested please send me a PM, or join my forum http://6bit.net/forums/, or #gekko on EFnet. Thanks :)

Oh, and, it's opensource now- http://code.google.com/p/gekko-gc-emu/
    LoRd_SnOw and 47iscool like this.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Shadow of nothing... Staff Member Moderator Emu Author

I know this post is about 2 months old, but I was beginning to wonder if you were still around. Glad to know you're okay.

I wish I had more time for emus and stuff. The walls keep crashing to the ground around here. I'll survive, but I hate knowing there's stuff people are anticipating that I'm working on and can't finish...
  4. Butz_san

Butz_san Rpcs3 user :D

The last update of this project was 3 hours ago xDDDDDD, which means that's full active :) Also, there's a linux version, I'm going to compile the emu and let you know how it goes xDD
  5. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

And if anyone knows how to use Nvidia UBO's effectively, Shizzy could do with pointers :D
  6. Player594

Player594 PCSX2 fan

My compiled vers crashes on every game I launch before game even starts. I got it from EmuCR.com. That could be my problem.
  7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Wow, it's great seeing other Gamecube emulators being worked on!
  8. Butz_san

Butz_san Rpcs3 user :D

So far, I have tested 5 games and they worked, but I haven't been able to test more because I can't use the keyboard or the Jostick in the last revision of the emu :(