Nintendo: "Switch" console

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by RedLion, Oct 20, 2016.

1. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

That sort of thing shouldn't be paid DLC in my opinion. Hard mode paid dlc? How about an options menu DLC? It could get ridiculous. Even Ubisoft haven't done that one yet, I don't think.

With the DLC you get a costume pack for link, with a "nintendo switch" t-shirt.

2. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I definitely agree it should be a free patch. Even Bethesda made the Survival Mode a free patch for Fallout 4, and Beth has been a bit stingy with DLC for that game.

My only hope is that the mode being part of a DLC means Nintendo will make it more complex than the usual "hard mode", where monsters have twice as much health and do twice as much damage.
    Depending on how far/how annoying Nintendo wants to go, there are many mechanics they could change/add:
    - Increasing costs to upgrade armor
    - Reducing how many fairies the player can have
    - Increase all of the story-related power cooldowns
    - Adding a third - or fourth! - level to temperatures
    - Making some enemies weaker or more resistant against various types of weapons. (jelly monsters resistant against swords, for example)
    - Increasing the cost of items in shops
    - Adding the need to eat and sleep
    - No fast-travel
    - Upgrading HP or Stamina now requires 5 or 6 orbs instead.

And probably way more possibilities. I still think that such a mode should be free, I just hope that since it'll be paid we'll see Nintendo take it very seriously.
  3. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Nintendo seems to take everyone's bad ideas as good business models.

Upping the price on games, charging for online, DLC, etc. Why can't they take some companies good ideas instead?

And their Switch is no PS4 or XBOX one, it should be cheaper. Its a glorified one screen 3DS with the ability to connect to your TV/Monitor.

Other than Zelda and Mario games, I'm not seeing it as a better portable than the 3DS XL.
  4. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Yeah, i respect those who like it and each their own but the issues are there and one have to be blind to ignore them.
  5. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

They did sell the difficulty mode as DLC before, remember Metro Last Light?
  6. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

As I said earlier, Nintendo thinks other companies bad behavior is good business...
  7. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

HNNNNGGGGGGGG

Def getting a switch if it means an official localisation. Played that waaaaaay back in the day and loved every minute of it.
  8. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Secret of Depression was a fun game, although the ending felt like there was no good ending. I hope the sequel is not that depressing.
  9. Hy-Def

Hy-Def Chubbychu. (AKA Pikachu-bby (AKA Pikachu-BBW))

Secret of Depression?
  10. Thanakil

Alcohol.
    Hy-Def likes this.
  11. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I call Secret of Mana Secret of Depression because of the ending.
  12. Linktothepast

Linktothepast Deus ex machina

If anything the 3ds xl should be cheaper it is a 50 - 100 times less powerful handheld than the switch with not even half the price.
  13. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Power and graphics don't make a system, particularly a portable. The 3DS XL has a solid library, the games are cheaper, the battery life is better.

Maybe in 5 years this system will have a decent library, but it will still have a mediocre battery life, limited storage/memory, a mediocre controller, and a battery that can't be replaced.
  14. Thanakil

But it decides the cost of a system, which is what Link referred to.
    Linktothepast likes this.
  15. Thanakil

After the teasing: looks like Square is releasing a Seiken Densetsu collection, 3 games together.
    Still all Japanese for now.
    snickothemule and kakashi919 like this.
  16. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

Wow...that's pretty awesome if it's being localised. Me and my bros still play Seinken 3 (3 player hack)
  17. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Is that a Chocobo??

Were they in the same universe or that's just a square thing?
  18. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Take notes Nintendo.... take some f*cking notes for God's sake....

Those low textures and garbage on such a artistic masterpiece is unforgivable!
  19. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

jesus christ if we want nintendo to take notes don't take 20 minutes farting around with presets to illustrate your point that should take 3 mins tops.

yeah reshade is cool, but I'm not going to spend hours fucking around getting my own snowflake visual settings right and curse nintendo out for not catering to my desires.
  20. Samor

Samor Foundry

...that's the whole thing, if I feel like messing around I'll go with pc, if I just want to play a game (as intended) please get me a console.