No$psx 1.9 - Problem with save states and more

Discussion in 'no$psx Discussion' started by Felipefpl, May 29, 2014.

1. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Member

It's really annoying how no$psx and other no$emus handles save states, it shouldnt open the windows explorer window AT ALL when i'm saving/loading a game, it should do exactly what desmume does, it saves and it lets you to choose what keys you can use to save/load a game and you can choose keys to several other functions.

Also, i still miss a FPS enabled/disabled function on all no$emus, the realtime/unlimited mhz stuff really can get on the nerves since it doesnt display which ones runs perfectly at 60 or 30 FPS depending of the game.

PS Unrelated here: the save state function of no$gba is broken, i tried with the castlevania and it says that the rom-image has crashed.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. nocash

nocash Emu author Emu Author

What do you mean by "FPS enabled/disabled function"?
    If you want something that displays the current frame rate: Use the "performance indicator" option.
    For just playing a game: Use the default realtime/auto setting, that will automatically use the best possible frame rate.

The broken save state state problem, is that new in v1.9? I hope I didn't mess up anything! Or did it also occur in older versions? And does it happen only for Castlevania? And where exactly in that game - when saving in menu, game, cutscenes, etc.?

Saving without filemenu... yeah, might be nice for not interrupting the game flow. In other cases, filemenu with selectable filenames are useful, too. So it'd take some work to make the menu optional, and/or to use the filemenu only while in debug mode.

And when saving everything to something like "<cdrom-name>.sna". I guess it would be also required to maintain backup copies automatically in case somebody accidently overwrites the one-and-only saved game position...?
  4. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Member

ok then.

nope, like i wrote and you didnt read it's unrelated to no$psx, read again.

yes, it doesnt stop the game flow and about changing filenames i never saw this request on other emulators, just renaming them after the emu is closed just do the trick.

desmume allows to save the states in several places attached to different keys on keyboard which prevents this to happen.