No$PSX v.1.9 a few games tested.

Discussion in 'no$psx Discussion' started by SolisX, May 29, 2014.

1. SolisX

SolisX Member

I tested

Gex - no longer freezing up in the begining.

Final Fantasy 9 - audio seems to be fix.

Metal Gear - Seems to be work good now once in a while hear a noise spike.

Need For Speed 3 - Also seems to have fix the audio.

Need For Speed V-Rally 2 - Repeats endless link chain in gpu linked list dma

One - when you hit load the memory cards it takes really long some times to show up and also audio is not playing the voice in the begining of the game.

Blaster Master - seems to act just like when i have the odd/even hack on for pcsxr. Not sure if this helps you but i believe with the odd/even hack off with peopsoftgpu the game boots up correctly.

Dark Stone - has a lot of sound buzzing and sound problems.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. nocash

nocash Emu author Emu Author

Thanks for the bug reports!

Sounds like a bug in the game (unless it's indirectly caused by an emulation bug), but even if the game is actually bugged, I guess it might be programmed in a fashion that recovers from the endless loop (ie. by somehow stopping the DMA manually).

Whoops. Funny glitch. I can't even see where the game tries to draw that bars in the VRAM Viewer. Maybe the problem occurs somewhere earlier, at GTE stage or so.
  4. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nocash,

Final Fantasy 9 - has an issue playing the fmv at waltz no.3.
    I made a savestate so you can see for yourself.

This is not really a no$psx issue but i thought i would bring it up.
    I tried no$psx 1.9 standard vs the no$psx v.1.9 tny with wine 1.6.0.
    I noticed that no$psx v.1.9 tny plays fmv but does not show to the title screen in games . Just wondering if maybe you did something different for the tny version or may have a bug.

BTW: All bugs i find are tested on WIndows XP Home Edition.

Attached Files:

• ff9.zip
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  5. cloudstr

cloudstr New Member

Code:
    (quoted from "JpegTheTerrible, post: 2086148, member: 463746")
    for NO$PSX version. 1.3 US-NTSC
    Vagrant Story - glitches in black screen during transitional effects of "new game" intro's opening credits.
    Valkyrie Profile - very buggy sound in spots (garbled voices/buzzing/screeching) and minor graphic glitches (rounding errors issue). Severe choppyness and hanging in battle. unplayable

hi nocash, this long time bug still not fixed in v1.9
  6. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nocash,

Minor issue in FF4 with No$PSX v.1.9.

Good in arbex.
    ff4-Arbex.jpg

Minor issue in FF4 in No$psx.
    ff4-nospx.jpg

Castlevania STON - has minor slowdown after defeating a boss (i think just about all emulators have this problem) I made a savestate so you see for yourself.

Metal Gear - when an enemy sees you the first time the alarm stays on it's suppose to stop after the 3rd time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  7. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nocash,

Crash Team Racing - When you go into arcade mode and go up or down on the level select screen and wait 1 sec to see the preview it starts to lag badly . If you do it to many times no$psx will give you an unexpected error. It stopped working after no$psx version 1.7.

Parasite Eve 1 - does not work in no$psx version 1.9. It stopped working after no$psx version 1.7.

Wild Arms - does not work in no$psx version 1.9. It stopped working after no$psx version 1.8.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  8. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nocash,

Descent - seems to save properly but when i load the game it states that the memory card is full but still loads the game.
  9. cloudstr

cloudstr New Member

Hi Nocash,

Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together freeze a few seconds then work normal, it's random happend in game.

Vandal Hearts a horizontal stripes appear on the bottom screen.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  10. luktom100

luktom100 New Member

NIGHTMARE CREATURES - Dosent want to launch. It just shows black screen all the time.