"no wgl extensions" gcemu

Discussion in 'GCEmu Discussion' started by camus24, May 28, 2006.

1. jvhellraiser

jvhellraiser Member

wait a second!! my card is nvidia fx 6800 why is giving me this error is i have intel pentium 4 3.0 ht what going on anyone?
  2. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

Use Dolphin, but don't expect decent performance with most games with your system.

*Points to signature for Dolphin builds*

Dolphin is the only GC/Wii emulator besides Gekko that is actively being developed, Gcemu and other GC emulators are old, outdated and likely dead as far as development is concerned.
  3. jvhellraiser

jvhellraiser Member

i know i only wanted to try a base gamecube only emulator,thats why i don't use dolphin because is a mix emulator and i want a gamecube solid emu i don't know if iam saying this right my language is spanish,just want a simple gamecube emulator only.
  4. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

Well don't expect it to run anything more than some homebrew and maybe boot a few commercial titles.

Dolphin is much more capable and compatible than these old emulators.

The Gamecube and Wii have similar have similar hardware, in fact most of the Wii internals are about the same as the GC except clocked slightly higher. If you think a Gamecube only emulator would improve performance and compatibility, then that is wrong. Fixes that benefit Wii games can also benefit Gamecube game due to hardware similarities. You are going to run into much more compatibility and performance issues by using an old emulator that is no longer updated. Other GC emulators may be able to boot a few commercial titles besides running some homebrew but they aren't anywhere near a fraction as good as Dolphin is, and these emulators have zero audio output so you will also be sacrificing sound.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  5. apoc006

apoc006 New Member

You can try changing your video config to psx emulation cheater 2.5
    It worked for me, and I was getting the same error code.