NOT Anime

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Spyhop, Apr 5, 2010.

1. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Ah. I got confused since I think by now the West just about has had 16 installments itself already. Or at least it's close to it.
  2. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Speaking of MASH.

WTF Lyrics are this.

I've read it was composed by a 14 year old.
  3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Ah i remember there was an ep where they where songed, i thought they where a bit creepy as well, but it also fell it went nicely with the moment and atmosphere the show had at the time, if i stay and think about it this is probably the best series i've ever seen.
  4. Thanakil

Thanakil Wheee Award Winner!

And now you'll share the curse of every Firefly fans : knowing there will never be more episodes.
  5. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

Yeah, so sad. And even worse now after watching the "behind the scenes" videos and stuff...
  6. Ahielia

Ahielia I'm sexy and I know it!

There's a couple of references in Castle though.
    Nathan Fillion is awesome in that series as well ;)
  7. Thanakil

Thanakil Wheee Award Winner!

8. snickothemule

snickothemule I could kill a building. Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Akibaranger is turning into one of my all time favourite tv shows. It's so goddamn ridiculous and humerous, it's hard for me to find any real fault with the series. So much cheeky adult humour and silly character traits, especially with the lead dude being such a goober. Each episode is getting better and better, for an Unofficial Sentai it's marvelous, for a straight up comedy show it's brilliant. The cameo's by the official sentai are fantastic.

Even with only a basic understanding of Sentai, there is so much to enjoy with this series, highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good laugh. Over-Time's subtitle work has been fantastic, I can't imagine how painful TV-Nihon's efforts are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

I think I'll take a look at that Akibaranger, the humor looks like it might work for me...

EDIT: Watched the first episode... I now realize what you meant by basic knowledge!:lol:
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  10. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

Those screenshots make me wanna look for it too. *goes check*
  11. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

Yup, I watched the first three episodes of Akibaranger, which I guess is all until the fourth gets subbed and I can say that this is an epic one... It's hilarious that it both honors the sentai genre but also flat out makes fun of it!:lol: And the whole thing behind their powers is just awesome...:rotflmao:

Thanks snick, I doubt I would've started watching this without you!:D
  12. Ahielia

Ahielia I'm sexy and I know it!

:rotflmao:
  13. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

Hahaha, this Akibaranger thing is quite funny. Poor Akiba Red on the third episode. XD
  14. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

Yay!:yippee: MacGyver started rerunning on TV! It's been a long time since it last did...

The first ep has one of the most epic lines:

Don't tell me you know how to make a bomb with a stick of chewing gum.

-Why, ya got some?
  15. SCHUMI_4EVER

Awesome. It currently started S3 here (1 ep every weekday) on it's rerun here though it's the first time I'm seeing it and the first time it's been on in 20 years.
  16. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

Whoa... I hasn't been that that long here. I think it's been like 5 years.
  17. SCHUMI_4EVER

Damn just saw the Season 3 ep 'The Widowmaker' and they changed the actress for "Mike", I guess they couldn't get Patricia MacPherson to climb a mountain. Not that it matters much considering what happens in the ep but I enjoyed seeing Bonnie Barstow (her character in Knight Rider) in MacGyver for that one episode where you encounter "Mike" in Season 2.
  18. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

Watching Supernatural 7th season... So far it's been mediacore. it has some suprising anime references but after remembering that they actually made an anime out of it, it makes sense...

(Not horrible spoilers and if you've seen like 2 episodes of the 7th season, I doubt it'll spoil anything)
    Show Spoiler
    The angels are finally gone... I was alread tired of their all-powerful-but-weak-when-needed powers and the fact that their role was always kinda sketchy... New baddies are not very good, they're like humans who bleed black crap and don't die and they are not very interesting. And they're supposed to be leviathans... You know, the giant serpent described in the bible, something like this:

[​IMG]

And in Supernatural they look like this:

[​IMG]

La~ame! After stuff like Lilith, Lucifer, etc... Quite a fall. But it has some interesting side stories like always, I kinda hoped they'd forget the main plot and just go with random monster bashing, it is the srongest point in the series after all... If they just turned it more into X-Files... Especially because after they've saved the world two times, it gets old.

Or at least they could give the bible stuff a rest, but no... They turn bada**es like Chronos into your monster of the week... And take a monster from the bible and turn it into a businessman. They could've at least make it into a lawyer...
  19. SCHUMI_4EVER

Smallville Season 7 has started here. Waaaaay too much Tom Welling in the first episode.
    I really don't know why I still watch this stuff...I rage after almost every ep...and yet I can't stop myself.
  20. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

Ugh, smallville... They really screwed up with that. Can't remember when I quit it but it must've been like 8th or 9th season.