Nrage DirectInput Overhaul

Discussion in 'Misc N64 Discussion' started by Squall-Leonhart, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

moving this discussion here.....
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. EderraFan

EderraFan Magitek Elite

Wow, this would have helped me a lot when I was trying to get Conker's Bad Fur day to work lol

Luckily this did help me, I got it to stop spinning the camera around :D

Thanks for this :}
  4. p_025

p_025 Least Likely to Succeed

What's rabiddeity up to now anyway? I haven't seen that guy around in over a year.
    Also, I thought you moved the SVN hosting to Google Code.
  5. Squall-Leonhart

hes busy with.. err.. stuff.

but seriously, i suppose i can get some help from other emudevs, omega or mud maybe, but they'll work behind the scenes only really.
  6. p_025

That's cool, I know all about “err stuff.”
    Unfortunately I'm not much of an emudev. :\ And I've somewhat shifted away from emulators recently, I've been too obsessed with Rock Band 2. But I can probably help test anyway, and find any other bugs. Mostly I'd like to see an N-Rage plugin for the Dolphin emulator, but many people wouldn't like that since N-Rage isn't cross-platform. So if I wanted that I'd probably have to do it myself.
    Maybe they'll teach me something useful in college...
  7. ViceVersa27

ViceVersa27 New Member

Rumble Pak - Nrage Plugin - Project 64 - N64 - Trouble - Problems - Not Working

Just picked up a couple of Rumble Paks and want to use them with my Project 64 emulator. I am having trouble with the set up. When I go to the Controller Pak tab in the latest version of Nrage's plugin, I have the RawData option ticked and the dropdown menu set to Rumble Pak, yet under Force-Feedback device nothing is appearing and all the text is greyed out. I am using real N64 controllers with real N64 rumble paks with brand new batteries. Squall, do you know anything about this (you were very helpful last time)? I am stumped - and my fingers are exhausted from all the Google-ing!!! FYI - I tried unticking the RawData box with no result. I also restarted Project 64 repeatedly with no result. :???:
  8. Squall-Leonhart

If you are using real n64 controls, then the driver has to support the rumble pak.
  9. ViceVersa27

ViceVersa27 New Member

I am, but it is still not working for some reason. Very strange. I have attached an image of my settings. There is nothing under the bottom dropdown to select except for "None".
  10. Squall-Leonhart

what adapter are you using?
  11. ViceVersa27

ViceVersa27 New Member

Mayflash - 2 port.
  12. ViceVersa27

ViceVersa27 New Member

Here is an image of it (Attached)
  13. ViceVersa27

ViceVersa27 New Member

OK, so I tried the adaptoid plugin and it doesn't seem to work for me. When I try to run the game, no buttons work. It doesn't seem to be sensing my controllers at all. The controllers are greyed out. When I try to configure the options from Project 64, a pop-up window asks "HAve you installed the drivers?". No luck yet.
  14. p_025

Now that's an adapter I haven't seen before.
    First, make sure the adapter you're using actually supports rumble. If it does, you probably need to install proper drivers for it (did it came with a floppy disk or something? My Mayflash GameCube controller adapter did). If it doesn't, you're SOL and need to either live with not having rumble or get an Adaptoid from eBay.
  15. Squall-Leonhart

the mayflash adapters don't support rumble,.. unfortunately.

if someone were to RE the adapter they could create a custom driver with rumble support......
  16. crhylove

crhylove Resident Rabble Rouser

Will this version be included in any new emulator coming out? Like Mupen64plus?
  17. Squall-Leonhart

"Disclaimer:
    This software is distributed as is, without any guarantees of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Basically,
    you can't sue us if you screw up your own computer.
    This program is freeware released under the GPL. It's freely
    distributable, as long as you follow the GPL. You are free to modify it,
    but of course we ask that you tell us so we can incorporate bugfixes
    in the next version.
    Finally, don't try to earn money by distributing it."

if they want to thats fine by the GPL.

anyway,.. still needs somework... trying to implement reading Cart files from archives...
  18. p_025

Just a quick thought; this thing could use XInput support, otherwise the triggers on X360 controllers conflict with each other. But that could potentially complicate things a lot.
  19. legend100

legend100 Member

Squall,

Just switched to Windows 7 and now the plugin doesn't show up any more!!! What could cause this? I have all the VS and .net stuff installed but still nothing. I'm stuck! You're my only way out mate! :thumb:

EDIT: NM. I was missin the msvcr70.ddl file - only the 80 was mentioned in the readme in the 2.1 RC3 zip I got. Looks like you amended that since, and thank god you did!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  20. Squall-Leonhart

not going to happen anytime soon.

Petition Microfail for decent drivers, or use the shoulder buttons with the left trigger as Z.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  21. Yogi

Yogi New Member

I re-installed my OS recently, & just now when i tried to run project64 with Nrage 2.1 r3 (All my emulator folder, files are intact in another partition/drive), it says it could not load the "NRage_DInput8_V2_2.1.dll". I tried to reselect "NRage_DInput8_V2_2.1.dll", but it just wouldn't appear in the drop down menu.

Help!