Nrage Plugin.....Transfer Pack help.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Handhelds' started by Gambit, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Umm ok this is wierd, A week ago Or so (When the plugin was released...) I tried the transfer pack option that was added in the plugin. It worked perfectly!!!

But now......I have made my own Pokémon Game, the Exact rom name is: Pokemon_Blue_(UA)_[!].gb or zip either work but the plugin only reads .gb.

Anyways, once I save There are no .SAV file, So I figured heh why not just rename the sgm to sav....... I'm not sure if thats a good idea or not seeing as I havent been trying much GBX Emulation.

So if Any of you has a clue or idea on how to make my saves from the Gameboy emu to work for the plugin (asking for .sav) PLEASE give me a shout cause Its cramping my gaming and testing results.

Thanks in advance people!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. felinusz

felinusz overclocking magus

What gameboy emu are you using?
  4. Igu_yogi

Igu_yogi I'm a FREAK...!!!

People, this is an area destined to Project64 questions...!!!
  5. Kurbster

Kurbster Administrator Staff Member

:eyes: this is a Project64 problem

If I remember correctly, you have to specify a folder which contains the GB rom and the GB save. You can't specify a "specific" save.

If you made your own pokemon game, it wouldn't probably work. the Nrage plugin wasn't designed to be used for modified games. Try a "normal" game and it should work. The transfer pak isn't perfect yet you know ;)
  6. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Oh for god sakes man wake up,

MY OWN SAVED GAME. As in I started to play the actual games (I got the full set and no hacks are gona be saved on my pc)

Jesus,and as for the directories THERE ALREADY SET.

That wasnt my question,and I'm sure someone who can read properly can answer me better :p

The problem is towards the SAV and SGM files
    I just dont get that part....
  7. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Felinusz.

I'm using the ability to run gb roms in VGBA 1.1/1.2/1.2 With SDL fix/1.3/1.4 (I do allot of testing)

Think its the emu?
  8. Kurbster

I have no idea how to convert the SGMs to SAVs. But I do know 1 thing: the windows version of VBA 1.4 does save in the .sav format. Maybe VBA 1.4 can also access SGMs, so you can then do a save as.. into a .sav format.

don't yell at me again :embl:
  9. Zephon

Zephon Key To The Universe Contributors

Actually, this is much more of a problem with Gameboy emulation then with N64 emulation. Thread moved.
  10. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Point taken, I just tried renaming again and for some weird reason it worked.......a tip to those who dont know "under lvl50 you cant win any battles" LOL

thx for the help
  11. felinusz

Well, your problem is solved, but I was going to say that perhaps you are trying to use save states (I looked on my computer and the savestates are .SGM whereas the saves made by the image are .SAV), with VBA at least this is the case...

By the way, how good is the Transfer Pak emulation right now? (I didn't know untill I read this that it even existed at this point in time! :( )
  12. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Transfer pack plugin actually works wonders,
    But you must have at least 6 pokémon ready to battle or else you might freeze the game and scrap your save since its looking for exactly 6 pokémon.

Another bugg would be when you wanna go in gb game from n64 stadium........after save selection it hangs (white/blue screen)

But as far as I can tell by my 6 pokémon.......they work extremely well.From your atttacks order to the names everything is as it should be (like the actuall n64 peripheral)

I'm thinking its gona take around 3 new versions of the plugin until it gets perfect (lol someone has to hope)

Peace out!
  13. Kurbster

>>But you must have at least 6 pokémon ready to battle or else you might freeze the game and scrap your save since its looking for exactly 6 pokémon.

I suppose N-rage thought everyone would use 6 pokemon (who wouldn't) and also didn't feel it was necessary to fix it.

>>Another bugg would be when you wanna go in gb game from n64 stadium........after save selection it hangs (white/blue screen)

had to learn that the hard way. Thought it was the save, and deleted it. There's really no point if you have VisualBoy in front of you. Don't expect it to be fixed soon.

Just be happy you have Transfer Pak support :)
  14. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Well it works fine for what I need it to do,
    I only answered what was asked "how is it"

and I already use the vgba so I dont really understand why you even bothered posting Kirby.... :p

Anyways, do any of you know what else the transfer pack could be used for? (games ect...)
  15. felinusz

I don't think that the transfer pak is used in any other ghames or if it even CAN be used in any other games. I heard *somewhere* that the transfer pak is made to only support pokemon games...

Although I don't know why they would do that or why it wouldn't support other games...
  16. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Right gotcha, so I'll get some info and and swing it by you when I do. ya never know!

peace out
  17. MadMan Mat

MadMan Mat New Member

How do you get the transfer pack with NRage to work? I downloaded the plugin and I can't find a transfer pack option.