Next Generation Emulation banner

nullDC 1.0.3+Naomi input fix Released!

366K views 348 replies 157 participants last post by  HackerNoobKid 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New version is out. Remember to read the included documentation if you encounter any problems.

Notice that this release lacks support for gamepads since the gamepad plugin needed quite some work. Raz plans to replace the current plugin with one that supports both gamepads and keyboards in the future so just be patient (again).

Changes are too many to list but here's a list of the basic changes:

* VMU/VMS support added.
* Fog emulation added on nullPVR. (Note: This requires a shader model 2 video card for now)
* Experimental DSP emulation support added on nullAICA.
* Image reader can load real CDs now too.
* Added a (hidden) option to get rid of the console window since some people seem to hate it.
* Various bugs and problems fixed. More stuff became compatible. Less issues on already supported stuff.
* NAOMI version of the emulator.

That's all I remember at the moment.

nullDC 1.0.3 (Dreamcast Version)
nullDC 1.0.3 (NAOMI Version)
Naomi input update (for vista/configurable input/games with non working input)

Update! Posted a link to the NAOMI version. Have fun. :)
Update! Posted a link to the updated naomi input plugin (works on all vista installs, configurable input, fixed some compat problems).Just extract over the old one on the plugins directory ...

See less See more
#9 ·
This is great news. And its real good to see another release.

But the fact that joypad support, of all things, was completely dropped for this release is really stinky. Why couldn't the last maple plugin at least be used until the overall? Is there any way we can get the old plugin to work? Any workaround? Or do we absolutely have to use a Xpadder type program? I can't lose my analogue and go back to using Xpadder to play. You mentioned future, is this not a big concern right now? Or we talking next big release or maybe a few months? People like using controllers and we've been using them for a year now with NullDC. It seems really weird that we have to go back to how things were a year ago in that department. That's just real disappoiting and I might just use the last release until we can use gamepads properly again.

Also, Street Fighter Alpha 3 still doesn't work. I keep thinking that everything the Deunan does with Makaron will surely get picked up by Raz - rumble support, WinCe support, Ferrari F355 bootable etc. Oh well, next release maybe.

#10 ·
Congratulations, great work :lol:. could be playing with a VGA that has no support Shader model 2.0 model? my old Ati 9200se does not support shader model 2.0 and I watch the games with graphics errors.

there is any way to run the emulator without support for Shader Model 2.0?, so that the games operate without errors graphics.
In the previous version of nullDC operated wonders my Ati 9200.

#12 ·
I can't seem to configure my Xbox 360 controller or any controller for that matter. I have the controller plugin selected.oO
yeah same =O
Learn to read
Notice that this release lacks support for gamepads since the gamepad plugin needed quite some work. Raz plans to replace the current plugin with one that supports both gamepads and keyboards in the future so just be patient (again).

#16 ·
Shader model doesn't matter. Only fog actually requires it. Try messing with the options a bit.
I try the options but the problem is not solved, the games continue with graphics errors,I will try changing my vga drivers.

#17 ·
* Image reader can load real CDs now too.
Anyone knows how to use this feature? Didn't saw anything on the readme.

#20 ·
Just enter your drive's path on the selection box (don't enter the file explorer that lets you select an image).
Works perfectly. Thanks!

#21 ·
Hello PsyMan. I know you mentioned that gamepad support is not working at the moment. But it does get put in, can you tell me if support for force feedback steering wheels will be supported?

I am just going off this quote by raz a while back:

I plan to support ForceFeedback on next release.. no promises about it , there are a LOT of things i have to work on and FF isnt exactly top of that list ;)
Did he get around to putting it in?

#23 ·
I have some games (Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi 2, Shenmue, Virtua Striker, etc.) that worked at last version of nullDC, but in this one (1.0.3), neither of them worked at all! (the emu crashes or keep the white screen) What's the reason? :(

#24 ·
Cool! I'm going to try it as soon as I get home :)

I know gamepads arent supported, but can I use the old maple plugin in order to use my gamepad with 1.0.3?

#25 ·
Not working properly for me, I change the options, install the latest direct x, try several drivers for my VGA Ati 9200se, errors graphics do not disappear:

if there is a solution warns me please, while I will continue with the previous version 1.6 beta nullDC that works perfect for my Ati 9200se.

Thank you NullDC Team :wub::wub::wub:

#26 ·
I'm going to use the previous beta too, until someone give me an answer to solve my problem with the emu.

Thanks to the NullDC team. Great work! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.