Nulldc latest version compatibility list?

Discussion in 'nullDC Discussion' started by commodorefan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

I quote from my first message and edit the new one.
    Anyway if we write our experiences about nulldc, it can be useful for every gamer i think. They're the games which've been tested on nulldc 1.0.4 r136 ;

• 90 Minutes Football= Playable but have graphic glitches (flashes, object disappear etc...)
    • 102 Dalmatians= Perfect
    • Aqua GT= Perfect
    • Army Men Sarge's Heroes= Perfect
    • Blue Stinger= Playable but have graphic glitches (flashes, object disappear etc...)
    • Carrier= Perfect
    • Crazy Taxi= Perfect
    • Crazy Taxi 2= Perfect
    • Dave Mirra Freestyle Bmx= Not Playable "Gives '8bit vram writes are not possible' error but it works perfectly under "nulldc 100b 1.6"
    • Dead Or Alive= Perfect
    • Draconus Cult Of The Wrym= Playable but have graphic glitches (sky flashes, object disappear etc...)
    • Dragon Riders Chronicle Of Pern= Perfect
    • Elemental Gimmick Gear= Perfect
    • Evil Twin Cyprien'S Chronicles= Playable but have unimportant graphic glitches (flashes etc...)
    • Evolution world of sacred device= Playable "some graphic flashes"
    • Fatal Fury Mark Of The Wolves= Perfect
    • Frogger Swampy's Revenge= Perfect
    • Gauntlet Legends= Perfect
    • Grandia 2= Perfect
    • Grinch,The= Perfect
    • Head Hunter= Perfect
    • Illbleed= Perfect
    • Jetset Radio= Perfect
    • Jojo's Bizarre Adventures= Perfect
    • King Of Fighters 2000= Perfect
    • King Of Fighters 2001= Perfect
    • King Of Fighters 2002= Perfect
    • King Of Fighters Evolution= Perfect
    • Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver= Perfect "but dynarec must be enabled otherwise can be slow"
    • Looney Tunes Space Race= Playable except sound problem (sometimes voice stick and repeat background during menu and race)
    • Marvel vs Capcom= Perfect
    • Mdk 2= Perfect
    • Omikron Nomad Soul= Not Playable "Gives '8bit vram writes are not possible' error but it works perfectly under "nulldc 100b 1.6"
    • Phantasy star online= Barely in game "Serious graphic flashes but playable"
    • Prince Of Persia Arabian Nights= Not Playable "Gives 'implemented opcode: 0 : unknown opcode @ 8C004000' "
    • Project Justice= Perfect
    • Propeller Arena= Perfect
    • Psychic Force 2012= Perfect
    • Rayman 2= Playable but have unimportant graphic glitches
    • Record Of Lodoss War= Perfect
    • Resident Evil Code Veronica= Perfect
    • Rez= Perfect
    • Rippin' Riders= Perfect
    • Sega Extreme Sports= Playable but have unimportant graphic glitches (flashes etc...)
    • Shadowman= Perfect
    • Shenmue= Playable but have unimportant graphic glitches (transparent hair etc...)
    • Shenmue 2= Playable but have unimportant graphic glitches (object disappear etc...)
    • Silver= Perfect
    • Skies Of Arcadia= Playable but have unimportant graphic glitches (flashes etc...)
    • Soul Calibur= Perfect
    • Soul Fighter= Perfect
    • Star Wars Episode 1 Racer= Not Playable "Gives '8bit vram writes are not possible' error but it works perfectly under "nulldc 100b 1.6"
    • Street Fighter Third Strike= Perfect
    • Street Fighter 3 Double Impact= Perfect
    • Sword Of Berserk Gut's Rage= Perfect
    • Tokyo bus guide= Perfect
    • Urban Chaos= Not Playable "Gives 'not implemented opcode: 38 : ldtlb @ 8C01257E' "
    • Virtua Fighter 3tb= Perfect
    • Virtua Striker 2= Perfect

My specs are: AMD X2 6000+, SPARKLE 8800GT 512MB (256 BIT), KINGSTON 4 GB (2x2 GB 800 MHZ RAM), XP SP3
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. hookonsonic2

hookonsonic2 All hail me!

I think there used to be one, but it was removed during one of those random forum sweeps or something like that. Are there any games in particular that you're wondering about?
  4. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

Actually i wonder specially Phantasy star online because i can play with flashes and glitches on chankast but i've just tried it on latest nulldc. Yes it's better but unfortunately with same errors :(

But nulldc 1.0.4 r136 is the best dreamcast emulator i've ever tried.
  5. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

10 PRINT "goto first message"
    20 RUN
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. hookonsonic2

I've tried the following games:

Sonic Adventure 1: Mostly perfect, having Dynarec enabled causes strange glitches with various characters running on certain areas.
    Sonic Adventure 2: Perfect, only minor but non-obtrusive graphical errors exist.
  7. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

New games which have been tested added to first post
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. Bluebulletdead

Bluebulletdead New Member

Anything I can do about these?
  9. hookonsonic2

You mean, like, fixing the problems from within the code itself? I wouldn't know, because I'm not a programmer and I know virtually nothing about the code. You'd want to hit up the forum post about it, then go to the nullDC homepage.

Forum post: http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=134973
    nullDC homepage: http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/

If you were just talking about settings you could change to help fix the problems in-game, then there's not much that needs to be done. The highest-quality options are labeled in the options menus, and I still get graphical glitches with those options. It's just an emulator issue that can be fixed with code revision.
  10. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

New games which have been tested added to first post
  11. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

New games which have been tested added
  12. IvicaMarkovic

IvicaMarkovic Member

Have you finished Record of Lodoss War? As I remember, even r136 had a nasty bug when game freez (after you conqer Orc's fortress ).
  13. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

No, i haven't finished it but test and play about an hour. Firstly i have to collect all dreamcast games with interchange and ebay then begin to play all of them during months or years :)
  14. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

Try with the Accurate Mode enabled on the nullDC settings for that game. And some suggestion on the thread however... how about using LIST and some colors? For example:

• GameTitle1 = Perfect. This is a comment about it.
    • GameTitle2 = Playable.
    • GameTitle3 = Barely in game.
    • GameTitle4 = Broken.
    • GameTitle5 = Makes kitten die.

If you need to, you can click on quote this post and you'll see the BBCode used for it.
  15. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

Ok, i'll manage them like that ;) But am i only person who use nulldc? Please support thread with experienced games to create fresh compatibility list guys :)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  16. IvicaMarkovic

IvicaMarkovic Member

Slave Zero is playable but not sure it's perfect. Never finished it on NullDC.
  17. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

What kind of errors it gives? Flashes, disappear, glitches ?
  18. IvicaMarkovic

IvicaMarkovic Member

No flashes or noticable errors. It's I just don't have at the moment the console by my side to confirm that everything is as original, and it's been to long to confirm on memory alone. And I'm using r139.
  19. twister71

twister71 New Member

Thanks for this list, can you make a similar list for the Naomi version of this emulator?

Latests version in particular!

Thanks in advance! ;)
  20. commodorefan

commodorefan New Member

Maybe it would be useful but unfortunately i have the games only i wrote :) Though my dc archive grows up day by day it's so hard to find even dc games in here so i can't think about naomi ;)
  21. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

I'm just taking advantage of your here, but can you test your game list with r107 ?

#EDIT: No need to clutter the gamelist on top though, just a post below would be welcomed.