nulldc v1.6 best problem vmu option greyed out

Discussion in 'nullDC Discussion' started by northerngames, Jan 26, 2008.

1. northerngames

northerngames New Member

nulldc v1.6 beta problem vmu option greyed out

Hi I have been trying to get this to work right for some tie now.

I am running nulldc beta V1.6 everything seems to be working fine but under options maple I can select the controller options and when I go under the plug-ins and set the 2 port A and port B I can go back to the maple options and select the port A and port B but the following screen chained to them for the VMU's are greyed out.

I run nulldc v1.0 and eveything works out fine.

it is like I am missing the vmu files or something in v1.6

also I noticed that in the origanal the plugins are done by nulldc where the V1.6 has a DRK in front of it.

anyone know what I am mising or doing wrong becuase I did everything that was stated to be done download the C++ files the winPcap files the direct x files the other data files and renamed them accordingly I usually dont have any problems getting emulators working and understand how they work but this is becoming a headache for too long now.

also while I am asking anyone know how to get non-self boot games working?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

They are supposed to do that (It does that on mine)

Did you format the mem cards?

And non self-boot games work in NullDC, too.
  4. northerngames

northerngames New Member

on my beta V1.0 the VMU: vmu_data_port01.bin & VMU: vmu_data_port02.bin

are black and can be selected in V1.0

In my V1.6 they are greyed out and not selectable.

in V1.0 those two files are in the emu folder where V1.6 they are not.

your is the exact same way with the same results?

also how do you format the memory card I canot find an option for that on any of it?

I do need that set-up in order to save games right?

also why does it all work in V1.0 and now in V1.6 I have to format these VMU's when it was not reqiored in prior versions?
  5. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

Yes, same with me.

And to format them, click "normal boot" don't select a game though, but click the "X" button and click "yes" now go to the mem card icon.
  6. northerngames

northerngames New Member

alright now I know how to get to that screen lol

when I went to the memory card screen there was two vmu emblems that had a big red X over them I clicked on them and formated them and now they do not have the red X over them anymore like prior.

I went back under maple and the VMU: vmu_data_port01.bin & VMU: vmu_data_port02.bin are still greyed out is it supposed to be that way?

if it is am I now all set and can game save correctly like this even with them being greyed out under the maple option?
  7. byblo

byblo New Member

They are also greyed on mine, but I guess it is normal. Maybe author's plugin is planning to make them selectable from there in some future version.

Yes.
  8. northerngames

northerngames New Member

Well if that is the case it should be noted in the READ ME file in the v1.6 release becuase I did nothing fancy with the beta V1.0 and it was available and working out of the box.

I had spent the last few day's trying to get this vmu set-up to work and if this is the case come to find out it is supposed to be that way all along then that was kinda goofy becuase nothing was mentioned about the change and it being normal I'm sure many many more and I wasted day's on this common mistake if that's the case oO

I have a few games of my own I'v been trying but I can only get them to show the disk spinning on the dash and it shows 2 tracks but they wont go.

I must not be making the image right or something now lol.
  9. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

What type of image are the games? example: .cdi
  10. northerngames

northerngames New Member

.NRG

I have the SUB file CCD file and IMG.

I create a .NRG image file from the 3 files above put it in a folder and then open the emu and click the NRG. image file and then it goes to the dash and just shows the spinning disk with 2 tracks.

does the pc have to have nero installed in order to work?

amd athlon64 3400+ barton 2.2gig, XP PRO SP2 os, 512mb single duel channel ram, radeon 9250 128MB PRO, external usb soundblaster sound card,

what is this mount image with daemon thing maybe I am not doing that perhaps.
  11. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

12. northerngames

northerngames New Member

must be were I am a screw up :eyemove:

becuase I thought they already were.

is there a walk me through anywhere for doing so.

are all 3 files mentioned above needed or do I just need the IMG file itself?

I will try the link thank's.
  13. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

I just edited my post, it shows where to get the program.

edit:
    Oops, didn't know you saw the link.
  14. northerngames

northerngames New Member

I tried the link extracted the bin2boot and opened it is asked for to type the name and I did so and pressed enter and the page and program closed out but I dont think it did anything.

I got whatever I throw at it working but I may need more pc horsepower becuase it is a little to choppy to enjoy still.
  15. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

Try switching some settings, see what's best.
  16. drkIIRaziel

drkIIRaziel Emu author Emu Author

The vmu setup works exactly the same way in beta 1.0 and 1.6.On both versions the filename is gray (its there just to point out a vmu is used, nothing more).The only difference is that on beta 1 the setup had a vmu formated and preconfigured for use.As beta 1.6 didnt have a setup, there was no vmu packed with it :)
  17. northerngames

northerngames New Member

Hmm.. that's wired becuase in my version 1.0 beta the box's are not greyed out and they are selectable where as V1.6 they are not selectable.

I thought something was wrong or I was missing files becuase of this error and spent hours downloading comparing reading and tinkering swapping files only to find it was fine the way it sit's from the get lol.

does anyone else's beta V1.0 have the option selectable or was I just a rare lucky one?

if there is other's that had that option available in there's also then it should be noted in the read-me that there is nothing wrong with V1.6 with it that way and it was meant to be that way or something becuase I wasted alot of time trying to figure out what was going on there lol.

same thing with the syscalls.bin and IP.bin and shr4_mem or whatever I had spent a few day's trying to figure out that also thinking there was something wrong there in both versions.

between the 2 I spent almost a full week trying to fix these error that never were when they all should be mentioned in the read-me.
  18. drkIIRaziel

drkIIRaziel Emu author Emu Author

If the emu is working, what is your problem ? ;) .You just need to setup vmus on the plugin menu as the old readme says (it should be included on the doc) and then format em.Its simple as that.As i said before, the things on the console are only useful to developers or debugging problems, so unless you have a problem you can ingore em :)
  19. northerngames

northerngames New Member

no problems now that I know how to work it :)

and I thought about it here I complain about a few things that that threw me off and stumped me for a week where I am sure the devs put a hell of alot more time and frustration into this then me by far :bow:

Thank's for all the help guy's.
  20. Kuroimaken

Kuroimaken New Member

I can't get the Bios to load by itself properly. It just goes to a blank screen and then the program stops responding.
  21. Dark Mits

Dark Mits Bin newbie/n00bie

Delete the "dc_flash_wb.bin" (or something like that) in the bios folder. It should do the trick.